Ware Webcam

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
Justme

Re: Ware Webcam

Post by Justme »

I miss the webcam too, as I'm sure, many other people. A while back, I went into Hertfordshire Display to explain their webcam didn't seem to be working. The girl behind the counter told me she would tell Steve, who I presumed to be the Boss. Since then, nothing. It's a shame. :-(
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Maybe the Ware Online roving report could investigate what the problem is and maybe there could be a resolution unfortunately its a bit too far for me to rove!
Justme

Post by Justme »

I'll try and pop into their shop again to investigate for you Andy.
Justme

Post by Justme »

Hi Andy. I've done better than that and called them on the phone. A guy called Adam told me that with the introduction of GDPR (protection of data), they were told to take the camera down. No matter of arguing will change their mind. Sorry for the negative response.
Barzey

Post by Barzey »

Another 'Data Protection Act' progress ! :evil:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Justme wrote:Hi Andy. I've done better than that and called them on the phone. A guy called Adam told me that with the introduction of GDPR (protection of data), they were told to take the camera down. No matter of arguing will change their mind. Sorry for the negative response.
I've had a think about this and I'm going to call BS. Firstly, are individuals recognisable? If not, then then there is no personal data. Secondly, if the images are not recorded then no personal data is being processed.
Justme

Post by Justme »

Steve, I mentioned the same to him but he was adamant the camera would not be switched back on.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Thanks Chaps that's a real shame that a fear of? In fact I'm not sure what its a fear of as there's nothing to fear! I did email them but had no reply and after your comments I understand why. When first arriving in New Zealand I arranged for some friends who were dining in town to position themselves so I could see them on the camera I rang them as I saw a group of people standing in the right place but none of them was identifiable.
Oh well as that's a dead duck is there nobody else who could potentially host a webcam?
ware_resident

Post by ware_resident »

If its a case of data protection, why are there so many other web cams still in operation ?
Barzey

Post by Barzey »

Exactly what Data are they 'Protecting'?.. Does anyone know??
No criticism of the Print place intended at all. But in general it seems to me that this 'Data protection' racket seems to only work one way and is often used as an excuse for the person quoting it to get out of, or duck out of doing something that the person either couldn't be bothered or didn't want to do. They use it as a 'fall back excuse' and never seem to be able to quote the exact part of the act or sub section that they so love to use. :!: