Maltings On Kibes Lane

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
craig

Re: Maltings On Kibes Lane

Post by craig »

Steve wrote:Maybe it would be an idea to speak to Ware Arts Centre...
The WAC are already represented on the Southern Malting Community Group.
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

I understand that the second application has been successful and the WAC/ex Waggers have been registered - all the SMG have to do now is find the money.

Unfortunately this does not include the store which contains the last original maltings remnants left in the town - no idea what will happen to those now.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I lost sight of which thread the petition count was on, so I've added it to this. We're at 494 so if you haven;t signed and shared with friends yet, please do so to get us over 500. https://www.change.org/p/southern-malti ... l-facility
Steve

Post by Steve »

mb1 wrote:I lost sight of which thread the petition count was on, so I've added it to this. We're at 494 so if you haven;t signed and shared with friends yet, please do so to get us over 500. https://www.change.org/p/southern-malti ... l-facility
I'm confused as to the purpose of the petition, given that the SMG have successfully had the building registered as a community asset.
craig

Post by craig »

Steve wrote:I'm confused as to the purpose of the petition, given that the SMG have successfully had the building registered as a community asset.
The building has been recognised as a community asset, but that doesn't stop the owners from selling it. All it does is buy us some time.
The SMCG had to officially declare their interest in taking on the building.

Once we had done that, It allowed the SMCG 4.5 months to prepare and then present a watertight business plan so that the East Herts Council can consider it a plan worth supporting.
Part of the business plan HAS to show evidence that a better arts and performance space in Ware is wanted and supported by the community. This can be in the form of written letters, but also from the online petition.

What's annoying is that after all this work, EHDC can still just sell it if that's what they want to do. A community asset nomination does not protect the building from developers. It simply gives the community a little more time to consider what they can do together. Go on Steve, sign it.
shinybeans

Post by shinybeans »

I can't get the petition to open, either from here or on the Southern Maltings site....
Ware iLive

Post by Ware iLive »

I want a 'Community Centre' with a licenced bar.... somewhere we can have Family parties or various functions in the evening..... not be restricted to hour rates..... OR AGE RESTRICTED Parties and no bar.

Simply because... my house is not big enough and I only have 1 toilet.

I am sure many residents would agree? unless you don't like family parties of course! :D

Where in Ware is this available ? :?: :|
Steve

Post by Steve »

shinybeans wrote:I can't get the petition to open, either from here or on the Southern Maltings site....
Works for me :-)
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Ware iLive wrote:I want a 'Community Centre' with a licenced bar.... somewhere we can have Family parties or various functions in the evening..... not be restricted to hour rates..... OR AGE RESTRICTED Parties and no bar.

Simply because... my house is not big enough and I only have 1 toilet.

I am sure many residents would agree? unless you don't like family parties of course! :D

Where in Ware is this available ? :?: :|
Well when Waggers was open you could hire out the upstairs for just such occasions. I am pretty sure that the plans for the Maltings include such things, as I think that sort of use would be really popular.
craig

Post by craig »

The Masked Woler wrote:I sincerely hope that will be the case but my fear is that Ware will be royally stitched up by EHDC both in relation to the Southern Malting (which I am told is going back on the market even though the group's proposals haven't even been considered yet)
This is a worry. Where did hear this?

Quote taken from Town Council Election topic to avoid going off-topic