European Elections

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
JudieT

European Elections

Post by JudieT »

As I now see that these take place on Thursday I was wondering if anyone has received ANY information from any of the parties standing for election? Is Ware not on their radar?
naga

Re: European Elections

Post by naga »

Aardvaark

Post by Aardvaark »

Surprised you haven't had anything at all - we've had leaflets from the Tories, UKIP, Labour and the Greens - not sure we've seen anything from the Lib Dems though.

However we never did receive the East Herts plan info that they say went to everyone!!
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

http://www.hertsdirect.org/your-communi ... s/pymep3y/

Lib dem flyer just arrived this morning.

Basically Pro Europe and warning of lost jobs and business if we leave.
Last edited by Pat-H on Mon 19 May 2014 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simes

Post by Simes »

Surprised you haven't had anything at all - we've had leaflets from the Tories, UKIP, Labour and the Greens - not sure we've seen anything from the Lib Dems though.
I think it depends on whether they think you are an 'untapped' vote worth targeting. My other half has had leaflets in the post from all/most of the parties, but I have received none. I put this down to the fact that she has never voted, whereas I do vote from time to time.
Wareite1969

Post by Wareite1969 »

Aardvaark wrote:Surprised you haven't had anything at all - we've had leaflets from the Tories, UKIP, Labour and the Greens - not sure we've seen anything from the Lib Dems though.

However we never did receive the East Herts plan info that they say went to everyone!!
I've had all of the above leaflets. In the most part they had NOTHING to do with European elections. 1st bullet points on Labour & Conservative ones we're Freeze Fuel bills until 2017 (Labour) & Reducing the deficit (Conservative). Not quite sure what that has to do with MEP's but maybe they are all conceding to Ukip ;)

I also have had no East Herts plan so I'm not sure where the comment regarding ' We are confident that everyone has received it' comes from. Where does a lie stop and a misunderstanding start ? However as that is also nothing to do with Europe that should be for another thread.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

It will be ironic if UKIP gain yet more MEP seats and we will then have even less voice in Europe and UKIP only take their MEP salary (and any expenses they can justify (well maybe not even justify)) and won't attend sessions.
If the UK don't leave the EU then we have the worst of everything.
naga

Post by naga »

If you want to know who you should really vote for:
http://www.eui.eu/Projects/EUDO/euandi/Index.aspx
craig

Post by craig »

Don't forget to vote.
Polls close at 10.00pm
/C
craig