Ware Household Waste Recycling Centre

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
jojo68

Ware Household Waste Recycling Centre

Post by jojo68 »

Just in case it helps anyone to know...

The recycling centre (or the Tip!) is now shut on Thursday and Friday each week...
Aardvaark

Re: Ware Household Waste Recycling Centre

Post by Aardvaark »

Thanks for the info - will save a wasted journey for many. Thought they were proposing closing various tips for one day only?! It seems they have decided to save more money by closing them all for two days.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Thanks for the news i was about to go. Silly decision. Next they'll say it isn't economically viable and they have to close it altogether.
jojo68

Post by jojo68 »

The leaflet given to me by the young man stood outside the gate for the day states we can go to Hoddesdon Pindar Road or Bishop's Stortford on these days...in this time of "recycle recycle" I don't really understand it. I always go in the week rather than weekends and I think I only ever saw it empty of cars once. The leaflet also states the opening hours are changing - Summer 10am til 6pm and winter 8am til 4.
This is the website link
http://www.hertsdirect.org/services/env ... /HWRCHours
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

I have posted about this before, it's bonkers, the council need a serious dressing down on this. They were going to close hoddessdon for good, has that now been reconsidered? So our tip now causes a traffic jam up to the a10, wait until tesco creates a jam from the other end! Yes, the guy who says we should drive to hoddesdon when ours is shut, isn't that defeating the enviromental benefit of recycling? If I wasn't such a good citizen I would flytip all my old stuff.
Mel

Post by Mel »

bonkers these opening hours. Why open later in the summer and earlier in the winter? I have read it right haven't I?
New Boy

Post by New Boy »

They've always had reduced hours in the winter.

Council got no cash basically. People would moan if the council tax went up. If it's frozen you get no street light, tips etc. You get's to choose.
Warewolf

Post by Warewolf »

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I used to work for a major market research company and I did two surveys for Broxbourne Council. People were generally positive, but one area they thought the council did badly was in recycling. This included the Pindar Road site not being adequate.

I find it strange that as these tips are to help the environonment then asking people to make longer journeys to recycle is defeating their purpose.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Let's not lose sight that the tip is *not* closing down, just closed on Thurs and Fri. I admit it's inconvenient, but it just means you have to plan when you visit a little better.