General Election Hustings 24th April Ware Drill Hall

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
IGS

General Election Hustings 24th April Ware Drill Hall

Post by IGS »

There is a hustings for the general election planned to be held in the Ware Drill Hall on 24th April at 7.30pm. So far four candidates have agreed to attend:
Adrien Baker: UKIP
Katherine Chibah: Labour
Sophie Christophy: Green
Michael Green: Lib Dem

Mark Prisk, who is the current MP is refusing to turn up but there will be a chair for him. If he continues to refuse to take his offered seat is that him being arrogant and thinking that he will be re-elected anyway and the electorate can go screw themselves?

I'm looking forward to seeing an empty chair which has been saved for him and hope, you, the electorate consider his position when you go to the ballot. The local press will also be there.

Please post your comments on this issue in a reasonable, argumentative and sensible manner.

(Edited to correct the spelling of the Green party candidate's name and other typos)
Last edited by IGS on Tue 24 Mar 2015 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Steve

Re: General Election Hustings 24th April Ware Drill Hall

Post by Steve »

Labour's Katherine Chibah is clueless. She blamed the theatened closure of Hertford Post Office on the privatisation of Royal Mail. The two are nothing to do with one another. In fact, Post Office Ltd is a state owned limited company. How can you vote for someone who can't even grasp basic facts?

malcmac

Post by malcmac »

IGS wrote:There is a hustings for the general election planned to be held in the Ware Drill Hall on 24th April at 7.30pm. So far four candidates have agreed to attend

Mark Prisk. Who is the current MP is refusing to turn up but there will be a chair for him. If he continues to refuse to take his offered seat is that him being arrogant and thinking that he will be re-elected anyway and the electorate can go screw themselves?

I'm looking forward to seeing an empty chair which has been saved for him and hope, you, the electorate consider his position when you go to the ballot. The local press will also be there.
What a "reasonable, argumentative and sensible" post!!!!

A little bit of bile may just have spilled into your post there!!.....just saying.

VicarageRoader

Post by VicarageRoader »

What possible reason can he have for not attending?

It will be worth attending to hear how the Ukip candidate and his party want to take us back to 1950's Britain (without the NHS of course, safety net for those unable to help themselves and of course, no black or brown faces).

Ian

Post by Ian »

Hopefully you'll all turn up to ask these questions of the candidates. Or not.

IGS

Post by IGS »

Ian wrote:Hopefully you'll all turn up to ask these questions of the candidates. Or not.
My sentiments exactly.

malcmac

Post by malcmac »

IGS wrote:
Ian wrote:Hopefully you'll all turn up to ask these questions of the candidates. Or not.
My sentiments exactly.
I shall be there..please make sure you save me a seat in the front row.

craig

Post by craig »

What's the format for asking questions IGS?
Is it a free for all or do questions have to be submitted in advance like the BBC Question time format?

IGS

Post by IGS »

craig wrote:What's the format for asking questions IGS?
Is it a free for all or do questions have to be submitted in advance like the BBC Question time format?
Format hasn't been finalised yet but if past hustings are to go by then it will be the chair taking questions from the floor. I will let you know ASAP.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Steve wrote:Labour's Katherine Chibah is clueless. She blamed the theatened closure of Hertford Post Office on the privatisation of Royal Mail. The two are nothing to do with one another. In fact, Post Office Ltd is a state owned limited company. How can you vote for someone who can't even grasp basic facts?
The Labour candidate at the 2010 election was equally clueless. He was not local - I think he came from Dagenham - and had no idea on local issues. At the hustings held at Christ Church (at which all the candidates attended) the issue of the BIFFA incinerator was raised. He had no idea about the issue at all and just tried to wing it by making some general statements on the environment. Mark Prisk made some good points, but on BIFFA he would not make any commitment because he knew that supporting its rejection he would be going against Tory policy.

It was then that I decided noty to vote for him. Dull Tory minion who just slavishly toes the party line.

But who do I vote for this time?