Town Council Elections

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
The Masked Woler

Re: Town Council Elections

Post by The Masked Woler »

Agreed, but what is more troubling is that, at Town & Parish level, something like half the wards had no election at all and four couldn't find one candidate to run (apparently)

Having said that thanks to all, of whatever party, who did take the time to run.
IGS

Post by IGS »

The Masked Woler wrote:Agreed, but what is more troubling is that, at Town & Parish level, something like half the wards had no election at all and four couldn't find one candidate to run (apparently)

Having said that thanks to all, of whatever party, who did take the time to run.
Just a point of information: In USA they run, in this country we stand and those who get elected sit.
Whereaami

Post by Whereaami »

Problem is, higher turnout than normal for general election, most will vote for the same same party in the local elections, taking no regard for who the candidates are, and what their track record is.
grk

Post by grk »

I would just like to say thankyou to everybody who voted me to Ware Town Council.I look forward to working with my new Colleagues for the betterment of our Town. Thankyou all once again.Gary Kent-Ware Trinity.
The Masked Woler

I wonder how the Wings will react to this slap from the town they have devoted so much time and effort to.

I hope they are better people than me because I would just decide I wanted to have a break from it all.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

agreed Masked WoLer i think it's really sad that two such dedicated people lose their places on the Town Council because of national politics. There is no-one who does as much as they do for our town, in so many ways.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

They had the option to stand as independents and show they, like most of the country felt, that the national party had made mistakes.
They chose to stick with the party line and that cost them votes.
Real shame and a real loss.
I suspect the price being paid all over the country by many more dedicated people like the Wings has been very very high.
IGS

Post by IGS »

mb1 wrote:agreed Masked WoLer i think it's really sad that two such dedicated people lose their places on the Town Council because of national politics. There is no-one who does as much as they do for our town, in so many ways.
John was the only one to lose his seat on town and district as Jan hasn't been a councillor for some time. That is not a detraction for all the hard work they do for the town.
The Masked Woler

Pat-H wrote:They had the option to stand as independents and show they, like most of the country felt, that the national party had made mistakes.
They chose to stick with the party line and that cost them votes.
Real shame and a real loss.
I suspect the price being paid all over the country by many more dedicated people like the Wings has been very very high.
Presumably you think if you say this enough times it will make it true, I don't think it is.
If people can't vote for them taking into account what they have done then they won't as independents.
The voters of Trinity have good cause to be ashamed today and I wouldn't blame John and Jan one bit if they stepped down and had a break. There is almost nothing happening in Ware which they are not involved in.
IGS

Post by IGS »

Anyone know who the two councillors for Chadwell are as the seats for Town Council were uncontested?