Town Council Elections

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Scouter

Re: Town Council Elections

Post by Scouter »

JCB wrote:I am pleased to see comments from candidates and parties on WoL it shows that they are monitoring local opinions, however this approach seems limited to UKIP and Conservatives so I look forward to when the other parties deign to grace us with a statement.
I agree with this statement and hope to comments beyond the election run in.
Alexander Curtis

Post by Alexander Curtis »

The Masked Woler wrote:Then clearly I was misinformed by the person I spoke to - I was told that WTC can't finalise the plan until EHDC provide information relating to the boundaries.
Since the developments are in Wareside presumably they get the new homes bonus while Ware gets the fallout.
You have pinpointed the issue exactly. Eventually, the boundary between Ware CP and Wareside CP will have to be moved. However, that will potentially be quite a time consuming process. In order for the neighbourhood plan to apply to both Ware CP as well as the broad area of development in Wareside CP, both parishes will need to co-operate in order to produce it.
kevin phillips bong

Post by kevin phillips bong »

Welcome aboard all prospective candidates to WOL and I hope you stay with us after the elections especially with matters concerning the very suspect EHDC.

Personally speaking this daft (not draft) plan is a disgrace and I hope it never comes to fruition. When we had the community meeting about it 'beloved' Mr Carver said they had to have a plan or the government of the day would build anywhere they liked. He and our MP obviously don't want anything built near Much Hudham and 'beloved' Jackson doesn't want anything build at Watton at Stone (north by the station would be perfect, but of course towards Datchworth), so came up with a plan to build north of Ware.
Ware is a lovely small town but now is bursting at the seams, we've done our bit over the years for housing yet nothings been done at all to the infrastructure and our way of life is changing for the worse. No money is ever spent on Ware by EHDC despite the claim in one of the Tory flyers I've received. My vote is going to anyone standing who is against these plans.
David Oldridge

Post by David Oldridge »

Dear Everyone on Ware Online

I just wanted to say thank you for all the positive comments from forum members about the fact that myself and fellow Conservative WTC candidate Alexander Curtis are now contributing to Ware Online.

It's great to see that already Mr Curtis has been able to clarify some points regarding current planning issues.

I believe that forums, such as Ware Online, and other social media platforms, such as Twitter, can be really powerful tools to increase political engagement in our community by encouraging positive and constructive debate, which will, in turn, help us to resolve local issues and make our Ware an even better place to live.

If elected we will definitely continue to use Ware Online, and other social media platforms, to engage positively with our community.

Kind regards

David Oldridge

oldridge4waretrinity@gmail.com
@WareOldridge
IGS

Post by IGS »

David Oldridge wrote:Dear Everyone on Ware Online

I just wanted to say thank you for all the positive comments from forum members about the fact that myself and fellow Conservative WTC candidate Alexander Curtis are now contributing to Ware Online.

It's great to see that already Mr Curtis has been able to clarify some points regarding current planning issues.

I believe that forums, such as Ware Online, and other social media platforms, such as Twitter, can be really powerful tools to increase political engagement in our community by encouraging positive and constructive debate, which will, in turn, help us to resolve local issues and make our Ware an even better place to live.

If elected we will definitely continue to use Ware Online, and other social media platforms, to engage positively with our community.

Kind regards

David Oldridge

oldridge4waretrinity@gmail.com
@WareOldridge
Were either of you at the hustings on the 24th April?
Alexander Curtis

Post by Alexander Curtis »

I went along to the Ware hustings.
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

And so on to the Town/DC results.

I doubt there will be a surprise.

I though it was bad having wards where there is no election but I see there were a number in the surrounding area where there are no candidates running at all.
The Masked Woler

EHDC - all blue so far

Chadwell - Mark Pope

St Mary's - Ros Standley and Jeanette Taylor

Trinity - David Oldridge and Steven Reed

Edit to add

Christchurch - Phyllis Ballam and Jonathan Kaye

So Ware no longer has any non Conservatives at EHDC - still I'm sure that means we will be treated fairly by them.

A few still to come but it looks as if EHDC will be all blue now.
The Masked Woler

As an aside I see the EHDC site has this in the results section

OLDRIDGE, DAVID CHRISTOPHER
Known as Mick Standley

a bit fishy or what.
IGS

Post by IGS »

The Masked Woler wrote:EHDC - all blue so far

Chadwell - Mark Pope

St Mary's - Ros Standley and Jeanette Taylor

Trinity - David Oldridge and Steven Reed

Edit to add

Christchurch - Phyllis Ballam and Jonathan Kaye

So Ware no longer has any non Conservatives at EHDC - still I'm sure that means we will be treated fairly by them.

A few still to come but it looks as if EHDC will be all blue now.
I've been informed that it is all Tory! Not having at least one dissenting voice is bad for everyone, bad for democracy, bad for the ruling group. We all should hang our heads in shame and disgust!