Remember to Vote on Thursday 7th May 2015...

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
The Masked Woler

Re: Remember to Vote on Thursday 7th May 2015...

Post by The Masked Woler »

Well there was a queue at the Polling Station when I went which is unusual - more often the staff are in danger of falling asleep through boredom.

A bit surprised I had nothing on WTC or EHDC from Labour, LibDems or UKIP and no visit so I have no idea what they stand for. Do they still expect people to vote for them?

At least the lad from the Greens made the effort so I hope people give him a chance.
Whereaami

Post by Whereaami »

The Masked Woler wrote:Well there was a queue at the Polling Station when I went which is unusual - more often the staff are in danger of falling asleep through boredom.

A bit surprised I had nothing on WTC or EHDC from Labour, LibDems or UKIP and no visit so I have no idea what they stand for. Do they still expect people to vote for them?

At least the lad from the Greens made the effort so I hope people give him a chance.
I had leaflets for WTC & EHDC from most of the parties, no visits either, but i suspect they target households who don't usually vote (thats what the people outside the polling stations asking what your voter number is, are doing)
Alec

Post by Alec »

Whereaami wrote:i suspect they target households who don't usually vote (thats what the people outside the polling stations asking what your voter number is, are doing)
Do remember, of course, that you don't have to disclose anything to the loiterers outside the polling station - however belligerent and officious they may be. It is a *secret* ballot, after all. The poor exit poll chap today was most downheartened when I wouldn't play.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

The Masked Woler wrote:Well there was a queue at the Polling Station when I went which is unusual - more often the staff are in danger of falling asleep through boredom.

Many parties have limited resources and will try and target areas where they have a chance of winning. Areas that are lost causes unfortunately get abandoned.
It's not the best system but like anything lese resources have to be managed as best they can.

We got info from all the parties (the UK flyer was posted back without a stamp)
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

Sorry, don't go with that at all.

If you aren't even going to tell people who you are and what you intend then why bother running at all - I live in the same road as the Labour guy but have no idea who he is.

The Green lad had clearly printed off his own flyers, not as professional as the Tory's but again he made the effort.

LibDems are one of the incumbents so they have every chance of winning one seat at least. (not sure they deserve it though)
Mel

Post by Mel »

Christchurch was the busiest I've ever seen I think in 40 years
Whereaami

Post by Whereaami »

Mel wrote:Christchurch was the busiest I've ever seen I think in 40 years
Turnout was 71.3%

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/cons ... /E14000744
IGS

Post by IGS »

Prisk got over 56% of the vote.
Alec

Post by Alec »

So, fairly reflective of the country as a whole, a small Tory gain along with massive Lib Dem losses.

For all the criticism levelled against him, that's an awful lot of local residents voting for Mark Prisk (again).