Obnoxious Exercise Class at Allenbury's this Morning

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
mb1

Obnoxious Exercise Class at Allenbury's this Morning

Post by mb1 »

Took the dog down for a Sunday morning walk by the river only to be bombarded by dance music and extremely loud instructions/encouragement over a sound system to an exercise class happening at the tennis courts by the Allenbury's sports and social cricket pitch. It was so loud I could still here it as I reached the other side of the lock and started down towards Sacred heart school. it was really, really irritating and thoughtless in what is usually a peaceful spot for a walk.
JCB

Re: Obnoxious Exercise Class at Allenbury's this Morning

Post by JCB »

People striving to get fitter annoys you?! Maybe if they were chanting the red flag it would have been ok ;)
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

I can see how that is annoying lol! It is a peaceful sunday morning on a nice day...
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Call it in, mb1 - there's every chance its something to do with the Sports and Social Club, not the company, but the company will be concerned about good neighbourly relations. As with loud music on other occasions(....) it should be kept within the confines on the facility and not entertain the whole town
mb1

Post by mb1 »

JCB I can only assume that was a deliberate and gratuitous attempt at a wind up. Extemely loud music and a loud sound system down by the river on a Sunday morning annoy me. Had they been singing the Red Flag i can only hope it would have been to the original tune as the now standard version is such a dirge.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

If they're at it again this Sunday at the same volume I'll call the club to ask them to have a word.
Mancunian

Post by Mancunian »

mb1 wrote: Extemely loud music and a loud sound system down by the river on a Sunday morning annoy me..
you seem to have nothing better to do on a sunday morning then , if it annoys you so much go somewhere else for a walk, most people who do keep fit or go to the gym do so first thing in the mornings, there might of been an event or something going on for charity, have you bothered to find out? gets right on my t**s what people will complain about these days.......
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Mancunian wrote:
mb1 wrote: Extemely loud music and a loud sound system down by the river on a Sunday morning annoy me..
you seem to have nothing better to do on a sunday morning then , if it annoys you so much go somewhere else for a walk, most people who do keep fit or go to the gym do so first thing in the mornings, there might of been an event or something going on for charity, have you bothered to find out? gets right on my t**s what people will complain about these days.......
Gets right on my t**s that people don't bother to complain nowadays. That's why things slip and slip. Litter dropping, bad language and the rest. We wonder why values and British culture are so eroded and then chew down people who dare challenge those that flout what many consider to be polite behaviour.

Of course I'd have spoken to the club first to find out what was going on and to point out that they had impacted on a peaceful Sunday.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

So Mancunian you believe that extremely loud volumes of music are appropriate for an otherwise quiet riverside location? Clearly you have no affinity for the town and the kind of place it is. Why do you live here if you hate it so much. What annoys me is people trying to destroy the quality of living in a quiet country town.
jackanapes

Post by jackanapes »

I too was walking my dog on Sunday morning, imo the music wasn't extremely loud at all, you could definitely here it when directly opposite the location but the music quickly dissipated once you walked along the bank, inverse square law and all that.