Ware and Boxing day?

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Wareite1969

Re: Ware and Boxing day?

Post by Wareite1969 »

How about we tweak the idea to an old fashioned Go Kart race. 1 driver and max 2 pushers round a course at a car park (maybe Wodson could host ?).

We can celebrate 'non ambulance chasers' day and have all participants take part at their own risk with accidents actually being accidents *ah the good old days*. Audience could be safely behind barriers and we could all just enjoy the day.
cchallis

Post by cchallis »

maybe something different, something about ware history, a bed push?, barrel rolling from our days of brewering
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Great Bed of Ware racing sounds fun :D
kevin phillips bong

Post by kevin phillips bong »

Any sort of handmade racing machine (non motored) to maximum dimensions would be a good laugh. As its closed boxing day surely Tesco car park would be ideal as its flat and central. Good idea and I would help but normally away over Christmas.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Tesco car park sounds ideal. Perhaps Go Karts built to designs from Ware's history - great bed of war, a viking longship, a canal boat, a post coach - that sort of thing. I bet some of the Scouts would be up for it. I'm pretty much always here at Christmas so could help.