C4 Documentary

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
WickenMan

Re: C4 Documentary

Post by WickenMan »

IGS wrote:RE-READ THE EMAIL. Legal processes aside it would be ideal for that kind of documentary. People have been complaining on here for years about the stink caused by Biffa and not getting any satisfaction when they have complained to the council or Biffa. I really don't understand your gripe. All I have done is pass on an email that I thought might be of some interest to people on this forum and I mentioned Biffa because that appears to be Ware's biggest problem. I wasn't expecting such negativity. As I said re-read the email.
It's not a case of negativity, or positivity either. If somebody wants to complain in the full glare of tabloid television journalism about any issue, that's an individual decision. There's nothing to suggest that any one of us must watch whatever is broadcast. Those people who have already lodged a complaint using the legal system, such as the Biffa/Westmill stench case, are bound by the legal process they have invoked and are advised to take any advice offered by their legal representatives.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Wickenman, do you think it would be helpful for someone or some people not involved in the court case to offer to do that? Is publicity likely to help?
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Working in the TV industry I'd urge caution in agreeing to appear in their programme.
What you won't know is exactly what their objectives are for the programme.
These are never done to show it exactly how it is as that rarely makes good TV.
Their will be a spin to it and depending on what direction that takes will determine how they decide to portray you in the programme.

It's all decided in the edit and the most reasoned piece to camera can be made to look foolish with the right edit.

So if you want the chance to be on TV and have a laugh and don't really care then give it a go. But if you want to use it as a platform then I'd think again.
WickenMan

Post by WickenMan »

mb1 wrote:Wickenman, do you think it would be helpful for someone or some people not involved in the court case to offer to do that? Is publicity likely to help?
I'm no expert mb1 but it seems the process is well advanced along the legal process. I would expect that interference at this time would be viewed by the judiciary as unwelcome.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Fair enough, thought it important to ask.