Hertford RFC v Old Elthamians RFC

Discussion on local sporting activities, fixtures and clubs
Andy B

Hertford RFC v Old Elthamians RFC

Post by Andy B »

Yet another top of the table challenge as Old Elthamians have taken over the top spot while Dorking have a postponed game. The away game was lost 25 - 6 so Hertford will have to up their game to make an impression on this team. Eight place is currently in the balance as only a single point separates Hertford from Westcombe Park so its all the play for and I expect it to be entertaining, maybe a good game to see you first union match?

Kick off 3 pm.

mb1

Re: Hertford RFC v Old Elthamians RFC

Post by mb1 »

Assume with all the rain and flooding locally it is likely this will be called off.

Andy B

Post by Andy B »

mb1 wrote:Assume with all the rain and flooding locally it is likely this will be called off.
Please assume nothing as the game is likely to be played on the Two's pitch but anyone attending will need appropriate footwear. :D

Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Drainage up at Hoe Lane is very good so I think that there will be a very good chance it will still be on despite the rain.

Bikerbiker

Post by Bikerbiker »

Rizzo wrote:Drainage up at Hoe Lane is very good so I think that there will be a very good chance it will still be on despite the rain.
Yes, drainage is very good. I work on Chadwell golf course, never any problem with drainage due to all the gravel and chalk underneath. :)

Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Thanks guys for the comments and you were quite right as the game was played in what I am told gale force winds.
The out come was not changed by the weather but then Old Elthamians are not top of the table on luck.
An 8 - 27 score line is similar to the away game and a well fought challenge by Hertford stopped OE's running away with the game.
Hertford drop to ninth in the league and are separated from tenth by just the a single point but having had a few games against the top end of the table a spell starts playing the lower ranks so some much needed points have the opportunity to be gained.

Billywindsock

Post by Billywindsock »

It was a tough game, but good to see Hertford compete for 80 minutes. At 8-10 there was hope of something to gain from the match, but the expensive OE's squad took their slim chances well.