Hertford RFC Fixtures and Results

Discussion on local sporting activities, fixtures and clubs
Andy B

Hertford RFC Fixtures and Results

Post by Andy B »

This is the new method of informing you of Hertford RFC fixtures and results which I have been doing for many years and changing from the normal method of posting a thread to appease the few anti-sport fraternity is odd.

HERTFORD RFC v WESTCOMBE PARK RFC

After a two week break for the 6 Nations its back into action against Westcombe Park whom Hertford had a narrow victory in late October by just a single point. With Westcombe being a single place below Hertford in the league and on the same points, Hertford's recent for has not been very consistent so no predictions on the outcome of this encounter.

Kick off at Hoe Lane 3 pm.
malcmac

Re: Hertford RFC Fixtures and Results

Post by malcmac »

Regarding the "anti-sport brigade" comment directed at me and others, actually I love sport and watch huge amounts of it.

The point I was making (and you have clearly missed) was that i like TOP LEVEL sport and I and other are not interested in old craparians vs new wannabies and the dog'n'duck vs the old bell end

It was also a polite suggestion which you were under no obligation to comply with.

Frankly we can all start new threads about the "Ware belly button fluff found on the high street" and start a new and "interesting" thread on each exciting update weekly, but just because 1 person is interested in something doesn't make everyone else interested.

Anyway, best of luck in the continuing weekly updates...if they do continue, there is always a use for the Ware insomnia association.
Northsider

Post by Northsider »

malcmac - did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning? I think your comment is out of order. WoL has thrived on fluff in the High Street it's what having a natter is about.
Besides, ground roots sport is important and should be supported/publicised...... and HRFC play to reasonable standard quite often!!
Keep it up Andy B.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

As the only person to post fixtures and results for Hertford RFC all the comments were directed at me but it seems that I am not to reply! Very odd.
Malcmac where do you think the players for your TOP LEVEL sport come from? They all start at the local club level so without them you would not have TOP LEVEL sport of any kind.
If there is a thread I am not interested in I do not read it, actually as a moderator I read them all but you get my point, and move on the threads that do interest me. I'm not interested in soccer but I don't want it driven from the forum or tucked away in a corner life is full of likes and dislikes and most people just bypass the bits they don't like and I suggest you do the same rather than interfering with something that does not interest you. Please do not bother responding to this as I will not be replying as I'm not interested.

Onto this weeks game.

After the previous couple of games where Hertford have let themselves down with wasteful penalties this week the discipline was back to where it should be and Hertford came out fighting and at halftime it was two converted try's to Hertford and one to Westcombe Park. Its been after the break that things had slipped but not this week as Hertford applied the pressure and put a further two converted try's on the board for a final score of 28 - 7 and gain a bonus point. Hertford move up from sixth to forth in the league where they need to be or higher to benefit from the leagues reshuffle at the end of the season which I am still yet to understand what this entails.
IGS

Post by IGS »

Andy B wrote:This is the new method of informing you of Hertford RFC fixtures and results which I have been doing for many years and changing from the normal method of posting a thread to appease the few anti-sport fraternity is odd.

After a two week break for the 6 Nations its back into action against Westcombe Park whom Hertford had a narrow victory in late October by just a single point. With Westcombe being a single place below Hertford in the league and on the same points, Hertford's recent for has not been very consistent so no predictions on the outcome of this encounter.

Why do they take a break for the six nations?
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

IGS wrote:
Andy B wrote:This is the new method of informing you of Hertford RFC fixtures and results which I have been doing for many years and changing from the normal method of posting a thread to appease the few anti-sport fraternity is odd.

Why do they take a break for the six nations?
I believe as in soccer that when the national team are playing and selected players are drawn from the teams and it would be deemed to weaken a side if the better players were not available to play and this filters down to all RFU sides. I'm sure if I am wrong somebody will let us know.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Andy B, I for one am grateful for your updates on the rugby for the times I am unable to make it to Hoe Lane. The rugby club is a massive part of the town with all the teams playing on a saturday, up to 400 supporters each game and a thriving junior section. Please keep it going.
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

Only just spotted this and for once find myself in tune with the egg chasers. It is over 24 hours since the last post on this thread and it is still only the second one down the list on the home page so I hardly think these reports are blocking other threads from being noticed.

If we like sport then I'm sure we all follow the top level stuff, wherever it is that we start drawing the line for that, but it probably doesn't affect Ware (unless the football club get through to the competition proper of the FA Cup) so what's wrong with drawing attention to the top level of sport played in Ware? Both the football club and rugby club play at a very competitive level (not exactly the dog and duck stuff that Malcmac talks about) and the football club carries the town's name far and wide. Why shouldn't both clubs offer a bit of publicity of their activities?
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

East Grinstead RFC v Hertford RFC

An away game this week against East Grinstead (EG) who were beaten by Hertford in their earlier encounter but both sides have made improvements and EG are now on the same points as Hertford although a position lower. With the number of games till the end of the season running down every win is important.

Kickoff 3 pm.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Oh dear! The plan fell apart at EG after being behind at halftime 7 - 3 in very muddy conditions for Hertford it never improved and the second half they failed to score unlike EG who finished 29 - 3 winners. Hertford and EG swap places in the league with Hertford dropping to fifth but they have two other sides below them also on sixty one points so the final games of the sesame are becoming quite critical if they want to avoid dropping further down the table.