Break in Kingsway/High Oak Road area

Comment on policing and law & order issues
IGS

Break in Kingsway/High Oak Road area

Post by IGS »

Had a break in between 6pm and 6.15pm (only time house was empty) but not discovered until 9.50pm. Some jewellery taken including watches and bracelets, passport (EU Irish) and driving licence and spare keys also stolen.

Two older teenagers who were skinny were seen running off and they had been seen earlier in the day wandering around in a very quiet road.

Police have been informed.

So keep your eyes open and report any suspicious behaviour.
IGS

Re: Break in Kingsway/High Oak Road area

Post by IGS »

Apparently there were about half a dozen houses broken into in this part of Ware (including down to the High Street) on Saturday.
shinybeans

Post by shinybeans »

And an attempted break-in in Coronation Rd the other day. What are the police doing about it? Not a lot. It was bad last summer too, my sister was burgled in Jeffries Road, middle of the day. I'm going to get an alarm fitted and hope for the best!
mb1

Post by mb1 »

People on the Vicarage estate also need to look out. I was out walking the dog at about 6.45 on Thursday evening and I saw a man on Wulfrath Way shinning up back fences of houses in Demontfort Rise. He did it three times to three different houses while I was watching, then he saw me and hurried off. Look very shifty when he saw me. He was about 5'10" or 5'11", had dark hair greying a bit, very short cut. He was wearing a black t-shirt and shorts and had a white drawstring bag or messenger bag slung over his shoulder. He was smoking a cigarette.

I called the Police who logged the call and sent a patrol car to drive around a bit. There's not really a lot they can do except keep an ear to the ground for stuff being fenced and for whatever junkie is especially active at the moment. Catching someone in the act is pretty unlikely.
Darrellh

Post by Darrellh »

We had a break in about 4 weeks ago in Century Road, neighbour about 2 months prior to this, laptops, tablets, cash, sentimental family jewellery all taken. Insurance company has been brilliant and cannot fault them with front door repaired and extra security locks fitted internally. We have fitted a new garden gate with more secure bolts, CCTV to be fitted soon as I work for Samsung who make the equipment, all extra expense but in the long run worth it to protect yourself from the scum who do this sort of thing. It does make you think about your possessions but I would recommend to anyone who has any electrical goods, valuables or anything of note to make a list with descriptions, photos, purchase dates, where the items were bought, values, copies of invoices and electronically store them with a copy somewhere else.
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

So many burglaries at the moment, what's causing these occasional spikes?