Neighbourhood Watch Email scheme

Comment on policing and law & order issues
Scouter

Neighbourhood Watch Email scheme

Post by Scouter »

I had a visit from PCSO Nadine Ledger on Saturday and she is going door-to-door to try and promote a Neighbourhood Watch scheme via email (instead of meetings). The idea is that the police can then inform residents of any local issues together with crime prevention advice. Her email is Nadine.ledger@herts.pnn.police.uk and she requires your name, address, email and phone number (preferably mobile).
Scottman

Re: Neighbourhood Watch Email scheme

Post by Scottman »

Is this for a particular area of Ware, or one list for the whole town?

And if the latter, why not use WoL?
Scouter

Post by Scouter »

Scottman wrote:Is this for a particular area of Ware, or one list for the whole town?

And if the latter, why not use WoL?
Best chuck her an email, I just offered to post it.
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

They are presumably working their way around, I have been on this for months.
As I mentioned on the BT scam thread they send out warnings and the list of events in Ware regularly, also missing persons etc

Why not use WOL? because very few people are on it
Steve

Post by Steve »

Scouter wrote:I had a visit from PCSO Nadine Ledger on Saturday and she is going door-to-door to try and promote a Neighbourhood Watch scheme via email (instead of meetings).
Are you referring to the OWL Messaging system, which as far as I know is unconnected with Neighbourhood Watch.
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

Steve wrote:
Scouter wrote:I had a visit from PCSO Nadine Ledger on Saturday and she is going door-to-door to try and promote a Neighbourhood Watch scheme via email (instead of meetings).
Are you referring to the OWL Messaging system, which as far as I know is unconnected with Neighbourhood Watch.
Every OWL message I get is headed up "Neighbourhood Watch" and the PCSO signs off as
"OWL Support Administrator
Neighbourhood Watch"
Aardvaark

Post by Aardvaark »

We also receive the OWL Neighbourhood Watch messages. Some are of general interest and come from the Support Administrator; others come from the local Watch Liaison Officer or PCSOs. We joined after forming a Neighbourhood Watch group in our area. I guess they are now signing up individual households to keep them informed where NW groups do not exist; in fact our NW Group no longer meets and it is a very inefficient way to keep people informed. Getting more people on the email notification system seems a good idea.
Whereaami

Post by Whereaami »

I signed up for these too, and is a useful way of being kept informed of whats going on, warnings etc
Steve

Post by Steve »

Aardvaark wrote:I guess they are now signing up individual households to keep them informed where NW groups do not exist.
This is correct. I was signed up after PCSOs canvassed people in the town centre. There is no NW where I live.
Whereaami

Post by Whereaami »