Summer sky

For comments about airport expansion, aircraft movements and noise.
Andy B

Re: Summer sky

Post by Andy B »

Old Wardens Flying Proms was held last Saturday, 16th, so planing for next year is advised. If you wonder what its all about its not just historic aircraft and a full orchestra to fly to but an evening out with family and friends and a good picnic. I found a You Tube link for you to see what you have been missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S4iCT_DVEM
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Just had a lancaster fly over High Cross - it was too low and I was too slow to get a photo, though.
Scouter

Post by Scouter »

The Lancs performed as a pair at Duxford today so the other one may have been with it but out of sight.
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

I visited old warden this morning. They have a great little museum and gardens and it's a gorgeous car ride out today through the country.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Matt40 wrote:I visited old warden this morning. They have a great little museum and gardens and it's a gorgeous car ride out today through the country.
Its even better on a flying day or the Flying Proms, a terrific asset to the region.
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

I definitely will be going again! If I have a slight criticism about the place is that it's not really kid friendly like Duxford and my two got bored quite quickly.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Matt40 wrote:I definitely will be going again! If I have a slight criticism about the place is that it's not really kid friendly like Duxford and my two got bored quite quickly.
From previous experience kids and museums do not mix very well but I'm sure the Shuttleworth Collection would appreciate your comments. :D
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

Yup, done :D
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Matt40 wrote:Yup, done :D
Well done as most wouldn't.
Scouter

Post by Scouter »

Anyone else hear that extremely low flying helicopter in the early hours? I just needed that waking me up when I get up for work at silly o'clock on Thursday!