MP Seeking Rail Complaints

For the customers of Greater Anglia and Network Rail
mb1

Re: MP Seeking Rail Complaints

Post by mb1 »

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/whall/?id ... 172#g231.0

Mark Prisk spoke yesterday in a debate on the failings of the First Capital Connect service through Hertford North. He does mention that Greater Anglia is a bit rubbish, but that FCC is worse.
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

A bit rubbish? That line is a dream for people on the toy town train from Ware...
trev

Post by trev »

Matt40 wrote:A bit rubbish? That line is a dream for people on the toy town train from Ware...
Bad dream, more like!

Yes, it's good most of the time but recently the service has been abysmal. Just this Tuesday the 7.01 was reduced from its usual 8 carriages to 4 due to "an earlier train fault"! I got on at Ware and had to stand all the way to London. At pretty much every subsequent station the usual fights broke out between those trying to get on demanding that we all move down and those of us that were so crammed in we could hardly breathe!

When I have used the Hertford North line, I have found it slow but reliable so I think, Mark Prisk, you are a tad out of touch!
Steve

Post by Steve »

trev wrote:When I have used the Hertford North line, I have found it slow but reliable so I think, Mark Prisk, you are a tad out of touch!
Mr.Prisk is echoing the comments of his constituents, so hardly out of touch. The service has deteriorated significantly over the last few months.

I see that this week's Mercury has a double page spread on the issue.
IGS

Post by IGS »

This might be of interest to commuters:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26224890
onmyplanet

Post by onmyplanet »

I think our local MP has a meeting with GA soon, so that he can be patted on the head and sent on his way again by the rail bosses.
I think the Which? take on the matter is probably correct that until customer satisfaction is integral to the tender process nothing will change.

A lot of the things that really wind commuters up are nothing to do with track or complex maintenance issues, just basic customer service, a ticket office that is open (and machines that work) and a bit of information when trains are cancelled/delayed/short

Not difficult
IGS

Post by IGS »

onmyplanet wrote:I think our local MP has a meeting with GA soon, so that he can be patted on the head and sent on his way again by the rail bosses.
I think the Which? take on the matter is probably correct that until customer satisfaction is integral to the tender process nothing will change.

A lot of the things that really wind commuters up are nothing to do with track or complex maintenance issues, just basic customer service, a ticket office that is open (and machines that work) and a bit of information when trains are cancelled/delayed/short

Not difficult
One thing I can't fault is the ticket office staff when they are there; they always go out of their way to be helpful. But the trouble is that the powers that be don't think that Ware station needs to be manned all the time thus there can be confusion when trying to purchase tickets from the machine.
Steve

Post by Steve »

The nearest "alternative provider" is FCC from Hertford North.

Sadly, they are also bottom of the table.
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (44.85 KiB) Viewed 18852 times
Alec

Post by Alec »

IGS wrote:But the trouble is that the powers that be don't think that Ware station needs to be manned all the time thus there can be confusion when trying to purchase tickets from the machine.
Not least because some fares cannot be purchased from the machine, even if you know what you're after.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I got this letter from Mark Prisk's office about a meeting with the rail company. I can't go, but would be interested if anyone else has the letter and is attending so we can all hear about it on here afterwards.

Dear Mr Butcher,

I am writing to update you on my campaign for a ‘Fair deal for commuters’.

Following your contribution to my consultation for commuters back in February 2014, I met with Greater Anglia and raised the key concerns that you and other passengers fed back to me.

Whilst I hope, like me, you felt this was a good way to demonstrate to the rail companies the dissatisfaction local commuters felt during and after the storms of 2013, I remain committed to delivering on my campaign goals I set out which can be found here at www.markprisk.com

In the autumn, I asked for a follow up meeting for commuters and senior management at Greater Anglia. The Chief Executive has now agreed so that you can raise concerns directly with him and the senior management team.

The meeting will take place at London Liverpool Street Station on Tuesday 20th January from 5:45-6:45.

This will be a chance for you to join me in speaking directly with the management and raising the key issues you and other commuters face.

If you would like to attend please reply to this email no later than Thursday 15th January. If you are unable to attend but would like me to raise a particular issue, please reply to this email and I will be happy to put your views or concerns to Greater Anglia on your behalf.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to continuing the campaign for a ‘Fair deal for commuters’.

Yours sincerely,

Mark Prisk MP
(Dictated by Mark Prisk and sent on his behalf)

Charles Rowley
Parliamentary Assistant to Mark Prisk MP
Hertford and Stortford
Tel: 020 7219 5834