No Victoria Line from Tottenham Hale, 8-30 AUG 2015

For the customers of Greater Anglia and Network Rail
Alec

No Victoria Line from Tottenham Hale, 8-30 AUG 2015

Post by Alec »

Mentioned elsewhere, the Victoria Line will not be running between Seven Sisters and Walthamstow Central, i.e., no service from Tottenham Hale.

I'd assumed that Greater Anglia would simply re-route all trains via Seven Sisters, but apparently not.

You either use the bus (the regular bus, not a dedicated shuttle) between Seven Sisters and Tottenham Hale, or go via Liverpool Street.

Even the hallowed Stansted Express will lose easy connectivity to the Victoria Line.

I'm glad, as ever, that I'm not a commuter, but am surprised that there isn't a better workaround in place. Still, one to be aware of - I wonder how many summer day trippers will get scuppered by this?
kevin phillips bong

Re: No Victoria Line from Tottenham Hale, 8-30 AUG 2015

Post by kevin phillips bong »

Many thanks for this heads up Alec
ware_resident

Post by ware_resident »

Details are on the Tfl website now for those that are interested.
KateG28

Post by KateG28 »

Alec wrote: I'd assumed that Greater Anglia would simply re-route all trains via Seven Sisters, but apparently not.
Not entirely sure why they should? If you worked in or around Tottenham Hale, you would be very annoyed if they did reroute the trains.
ware_resident

Post by ware_resident »

According to Tfl, they are renewing a crossover at Walthamstow which will allow trains to enter and leave the station quicker. Tfl say this will enable them to run 36 trains an hour.
We shall see......