New Trains and Additional Service at Ware

For the customers of Greater Anglia and Network Rail
Redsky

Re: New Trains and Additional Service at Ware

Post by Redsky »

I dont think there will be any change to the Peak hour services, as there is very limited line capacity on the Tottenham Hale route and Liverpool St cannot accommodate more trains at peak times.The Seven Sisters route as used in the rush hour may be used outside of peak hours, and trains can be sent to Stratford via Seven Sisters. Four tracking if it ever happens would solve the line capacity, but I would expect the disruption to achieve that would be horrendous. The introduction of the Stansted Express was when the rot set in with the Hertford East line with increasing journey times. I am glad I do not commute any longer, (having spent the equivalent of more than two years sitting on the train).

This link, https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -to-tender has some interesting reading in TSR2 tables 19 and 20 about the number of services required to be operated in various time bands.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

In the days before privatisation we had trains every 15 minutes in rush hour, and a fast train to Liverpool Street in the mornings and one home again in the evenings. Until a train company beats that level of service nothing counts as 'improvement'. Oh, and in those days you could call the station and ask for information not just about our line but about trains to anywhere in the country, and if you needed a ticket the station staff were either there or in the pub opposite, not redeployed to another station. Privatisation has been a passenger service disaster. And there was a place for bikes on every train too.
kevin phillips bong

Post by kevin phillips bong »

With all due respect I only remember 3 trains an hour in rush hour never 4; it was blasted Stansted Xpress which knackered our service. Privatisation like British Rail has good points and bad points - if only we could amalgamate best practice from both we'd have a much better railway.
The staff at Ware are brilliant, helpful, cheerful and seem very settled.

We will eventually, though probably not in my lifetime, have 4 tracks from Broxbourne (should have been done for the London Olympics by the way) plus no one seems to know but when Crossrail opens doesn't the local services to Shenfield transfer to 'underground' Crossrail thus releasing some capacity at Liverpool Street 'overground'??? if so, that could get more trains running on our line.
boyboy

Post by boyboy »

Just read the report, interestingly it notes that as part of the planned upgrades to the line, the lavatory at Ware station will be re-furbished and open.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I might be wrong, it was a long time ago. I seemed to remember a train every fifteen minutes, but I could well be wrong.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

That must be a long time ago. When I came to Ware in 1979 there were two an hour, except on Sundays when there was only one an hour.
trev

Post by trev »

boyboy wrote:Just read the report, interestingly it notes that as part of the planned upgrades to the line, the lavatory at Ware station will be re-furbished and open.
That's a laugh! £60,000 was spent installing these toilets and within three months of opening they were shut down due to "vandalism". However, they were re-opened for use during the 2012 Olympics and then immediately shut down again afterwards.

I will be glad to see them operational again as the toilets on the trains leave much to be desired and the only places available for an urgent visit when leaving the train at Ware are the Spread Eagle or the corner of the car park!
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

Isnt there cctv at ware station?
ollynbloom

Post by ollynbloom »

Mancunian wrote:
ollynbloom wrote: 7:01am and 7:31am, then next one at 8:01.
that's 3 in an hour or i can't count ;)
Not really, just a misunderstanding. By "in" an hour I took it to mean within the hour. i.e. 7am-8am.
But anyway...it isn't really 3 an hour anyway for the same reason that 11 is 10 more than 1, not 10 more than 0.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Mancunian wrote:
ollynbloom wrote: 7:01am and 7:31am, then next one at 8:01.
that's 3 in an hour or i can't count ;)
You can't count.

That's 3 in 61 minutes.