New Forum

Contributions, adding your business or organisation to Ware Online, suggestions and general feedback about Ware Online.

New Forum

Postby jasmine98 » Wed 26 Feb 2014 5:03 pm

This is not a gripe but just wonder how WOLers feel about the present page layout, as opposed to the old one. There just seems to be too much 'bumpf' below the last post, making the forum more difficult to read at first glance. It seemed to be more clearly defined previously with the horizontal coloured bands.
jasmine98
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue 24 Nov 2009 12:00 am
Location: Ware

Re: New Forum

Postby IGS » Wed 26 Feb 2014 5:32 pm

I think it's better than the old one and easier to find what I'm looking for. And I am using a device which Craig and Damo5 think I should just chuck in the bin: a BlackBerry. :D
User avatar
IGS
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue 09 Jun 2009 12:00 am
Location:

Re: New Forum

Postby The Masked Woler » Wed 26 Feb 2014 6:06 pm

IGS wrote:I think it's better than the old one and easier to find what I'm looking for. And I am using a device which Craig and Damo5 think I should just chuck in the bin: a BlackBerry. :D


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dmhF1rqaZk
The Masked Woler
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2014 11:52 am

Re: New Forum

Postby Scottman » Wed 26 Feb 2014 7:05 pm

Still haven't found the 'Active topics' list yet - if there is one
Scottman
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue 21 Apr 2009 12:00 am
Location:

Re: New Forum

Postby IGS » Wed 26 Feb 2014 7:19 pm

Scottman wrote:Still haven't found the 'Active topics' list yet - if there is one
Click on Board Index just under the banner ad at the top and you will see View Unanswered Posts. View Unread Posts. View New Posts. View Active Topics. Hope that helps.
User avatar
IGS
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue 09 Jun 2009 12:00 am
Location:

Re: New Forum

Postby Steve » Wed 26 Feb 2014 8:05 pm

IGS wrote:
Scottman wrote:Still haven't found the 'Active topics' list yet - if there is one
Click on Board Index just under the banner ad at the top and you will see View Unanswered Posts. View Unread Posts. View New Posts. View Active Topics. Hope that helps.

Or www.wareonline.co.uk/discussion/search. ... nreadposts
User avatar
Steve
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri 08 Nov 2013 5:39 pm
Location: Hertford

Re: New Forum

Postby Matt40 » Wed 26 Feb 2014 8:47 pm

I live the active topics bit but i think there's too many topic sub forums and also activity is down, is that because people did not transfer?
Matt40
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon 12 Apr 2010 12:00 am
Location: Ware

Re: New Forum

Postby Billywindsock » Thu 27 Feb 2014 9:53 pm

I don't like the new forum, or find it easy to use. I now look weekly rather than daily, just enough to keep up with what is going on.
Billywindsock
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun 20 Feb 2011 12:00 am
Location: Ware

Re: New Forum

Postby Scottman » Fri 28 Feb 2014 7:55 am

Steve wrote:
IGS wrote:
Scottman wrote:Still haven't found the 'Active topics' list yet - if there is one
Click on Board Index just under the banner ad at the top and you will see View Unanswered Posts. View Unread Posts. View New Posts. View Active Topics. Hope that helps.

Or search.php?search_id=unreadposts


Thanks IGS and steve .....

I'd better be more specific on what I meant to say.

The old forum allowed me to review only topics/strings/whatever that had been added to since my last visit to WoL. I haven't found that facility on this new forum?

I have a coping mechanism though - I occasionally review the top line thread subjects on the home page, right hand side. Which kinda works, but its clunky in comparison, esp when I've been offline a while
Scottman
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue 21 Apr 2009 12:00 am
Location:

Re: New Forum

Postby RichardH » Fri 28 Feb 2014 9:21 am

It is easy to review what's changed since your last visit - see my attached image. The left hand circled area contains all the tools you need - just click on "View unread posts" and you will get a list of all threads that have changed since you last looked at them. If click on the ones you are interested and then you don't want to read the remainder, just use the "Mark forums read" link (circled on the right) to mark all threads read.
Attachments
wol.jpg
wol.jpg (48.95 KiB) Viewed 10246 times
RichardH
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu 01 Jul 2004 12:00 am
Location: High Cross

Next

Return to The Online Community Of Ware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests