New Forum

Contributions, adding your business or organisation to Ware Online, suggestions and general feedback about Ware Online.
jasmine98

New Forum

Post by jasmine98 »

This is not a gripe but just wonder how WOLers feel about the present page layout, as opposed to the old one. There just seems to be too much 'bumpf' below the last post, making the forum more difficult to read at first glance. It seemed to be more clearly defined previously with the horizontal coloured bands.
IGS

Re: New Forum

Post by IGS »

I think it's better than the old one and easier to find what I'm looking for. And I am using a device which Craig and Damo5 think I should just chuck in the bin: a BlackBerry. :D
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

IGS wrote:I think it's better than the old one and easier to find what I'm looking for. And I am using a device which Craig and Damo5 think I should just chuck in the bin: a BlackBerry. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dmhF1rqaZk
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Still haven't found the 'Active topics' list yet - if there is one
IGS

Post by IGS »

Scottman wrote:Still haven't found the 'Active topics' list yet - if there is one
Click on Board Index just under the banner ad at the top and you will see View Unanswered Posts. View Unread Posts. View New Posts. View Active Topics. Hope that helps.
Steve

Post by Steve »

IGS wrote:
Scottman wrote:Still haven't found the 'Active topics' list yet - if there is one
Click on Board Index just under the banner ad at the top and you will see View Unanswered Posts. View Unread Posts. View New Posts. View Active Topics. Hope that helps.
Or http://www.wareonline.co.uk/discussion/ ... nreadposts
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

I live the active topics bit but i think there's too many topic sub forums and also activity is down, is that because people did not transfer?
Billywindsock

Post by Billywindsock »

I don't like the new forum, or find it easy to use. I now look weekly rather than daily, just enough to keep up with what is going on.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Steve wrote:
IGS wrote:
Or http://www.wareonline.co.uk/discussion/ ... nreadposts
Thanks IGS and steve .....

I'd better be more specific on what I meant to say.

The old forum allowed me to review only topics/strings/whatever that had been added to since my last visit to WoL. I haven't found that facility on this new forum?

I have a coping mechanism though - I occasionally review the top line thread subjects on the home page, right hand side. Which kinda works, but its clunky in comparison, esp when I've been offline a while
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

It is easy to review what's changed since your last visit - see my attached image. The left hand circled area contains all the tools you need - just click on "View unread posts" and you will get a list of all threads that have changed since you last looked at them. If click on the ones you are interested and then you don't want to read the remainder, just use the "Mark forums read" link (circled on the right) to mark all threads read.
Attachments
wol.jpg
wol.jpg (48.83 KiB) Viewed 15752 times