Webcam - Not Working?

Contributions, adding your business or organisation to Ware Online, suggestions and general feedback about Ware Online.
Andrew

Re: Webcam - Not Working?

Post by Andrew »

A few months ago the webcam was not working for me. I updated the file it said I should, but this did not work. eventually i was able to see it using the old page. However, now I am able to see the webcam with no problems. I use Firefox and Vista.
Barzey

Post by Barzey »

Yes works from Craig's link except cannot click to full screen, but not from the Web-Cam item on the main page still.
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

Yes all seems fine on XP/Vista/7 on Firefox and IE. 32 and 64bit
Finally deleted those horrible UnrealMediaPlayer6Plugin addons that caused various issues.
Well done Hertsdisplay
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

Barzey wrote:Yes works from Craig's link except cannot click to full screen, but not from the Web-Cam item on the main page still.
If you like the bigger screen sizes you can get almost the same by holding the CTRL key down and moving the mouse wheel (if it has one!)
Also handy for all those who use glasses
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

So now I have to ask where you are expected to click to get a full screen image. (I am aware of holding the control key down and using the plus and minus keys).

Meanwhile I am still getting error 404 from the home page link.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

My Internet speed is not bad but the display is quite hesitant but at least its working now.
Barzey

Post by Barzey »

Hi 'Blueboy' I found that if you 'Double-Clicked' on the original/normal webcam picture it enlarged to Full Screen. Unfortunately it doesn't work on Craig's link and the usual way shows the 404 error only
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

Andy B wrote:My Internet speed is not bad but the display is quite hesitant but at least its working now.
The refresh rate is slower than before but now they have removed the timeout its better for those who pay for data download Mb. Its also cheaper for the webcams owner depending upon the setup.
Barzey wrote:Hi 'Blueboy' I found that if you 'Double-Clicked' on the original/normal webcam picture it enlarged to Full Screen. Unfortunately it doesn't work on Craig's link and the usual way shows the 404 error only
The 3 screen size option doesnt exist in the new setup, thats why it doesnt work.
If by 'the usual way' you mean the original address of the webcam, then expect 404 as the original address points to nothing which is why Craig had to update the home page
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

Barzey wrote:Hi 'Blueboy' I found that if you 'Double-Clicked' on the original/normal webcam picture it enlarged to Full Screen. Unfortunately it doesn't work on Craig's link and the usual way shows the 404 error only
Thanks. All these years and I hadn't spotted that one.
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

RCR1 wrote:....... 404 as the original address points to nothing which is why Craig had to update the home page
If the use of "had" in that sentence means Craig has already updated the home page link then I am still getting a 404 error and must assume that Firefox is remembering the old address when I click on the link. If so, someone please tell me there's an easier way to correct this than reinstalling Firefox.