Doorstep caller

Contributions, adding your business or organisation to Ware Online, suggestions and general feedback about Ware Online.
ware_resident

Doorstep caller

Post by ware_resident »

About 2.30pm a person called at my door selling items from a hold-all. He said that it was a probation service initiative for those who had not offended for two years.
What he did not know was that our daughter works for the probation service and has confirmed that there is no such scheme.
As the last door step seller was followed by several burglaries in the High Oak,New Road etc area, please just be aware.
I suspect our CCT will have a record of him.
mb1

Re: Doorstep caller

Post by mb1 »

Thanks for that news, good to know :-)
Steve

Post by Steve »

I assume this has been reported to the police.
malcmac

Post by malcmac »

The man you have described rang my video doorbell at 14.15 on the same day, I have a perfect HD video and still images of him and his bag should anyone require a copy of them for any reason.
Warewolf

Post by Warewolf »

Were they local as we have had this before but the lads were from somewhere up North?
ware_resident

Post by ware_resident »

This man said he came from Sunderland or Scunthorpe or somewhere beginning with an S. It makes this Probation Service initiative an even bigger lie, because if it did exist, it would be a local scheme, so I am told by one who knows about these things !
Aardvaark

Post by Aardvaark »

We've not had them recently - but several times in the past. They have some kind of ID (could be anything) and always say they are on a scheme of Young Offenders. I've seen a big van drop a group of them off at the end of the road. I actually feel sorry for them - as I do for the men who come round trying to sell fish from Grimsby. However I tell all of them quite firmly that I never buy anything at the door.
ware_resident

Post by ware_resident »

I see from the 'other' discussion group about Ware that the ex-offender selling items as a probation service initiative is about again. Can I just remind you that this is a pack of lies, so do not be deceived.!
naga

Post by naga »

Some young chap came round today saying that he was dismissed from the army with no training or qualifications...I stopped him before inquiring any more and he just left. I'm sue if he was in the army he would have got some sort of training??!!
Mel

Post by Mel »

depends how long he'd been in? How long is the initial training period?