Waitrose

News and views on shopping in the town.
Speculator

Re: Waitrose

Post by Speculator »

Steve wrote:
mb1 wrote:Got a leaflet through the door this morning advertising a public exhibition at Van Hage's on March 28 and 29 for the Waitrose proposal. they are intending to build the Waitrose alongside the VH building at the end away from the road. It says 100 jobs will be created. £12,000 and 250 staff working hours will be donated each year to local causes.
How many sq.ft?
The new store is going to be 25,000 sq ft. Waitrose Hertford is 12,500 sq ft.
IGS

Post by IGS »

mb1 wrote:Got a leaflet through the door this morning advertising a public exhibition at Van Hage's on March 28 and 29 for the Waitrose proposal. they are intending to build the Waitrose alongside the VH building at the end away from the road. It says 100 jobs will be created. £12,000 and 250 staff working hours will be donated each year to local causes.
I like that idea; Carnival, RITP, Dickensian to name a few always need a few more hands.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

From the plan in the leaflet it looks like about a third of the size of the current Van Hage buildings, possibly slightly more but nowhere near half as big again.

IGS - second that - I like the community service idea very much.
WickenMan

Post by WickenMan »

Has anyone managed to access the website? The URL given ( http://www.waitrosevanhage.co.uk ) takes you to a domain sale website which seems to imply that the domain name in the URL has not been purchased. :?:
JudieT

Post by JudieT »

Link works fine for me.
and
Sharp contrast to the amount of information given out about the Asda store. Would that be because they've no ethical policies to shout about? ;)
Rock on Waitrose :D
Steve

Post by Steve »

WickenMan wrote:Has anyone managed to access the website? The URL given ( http://www.waitrosevanhage.co.uk ) takes you to a domain sale website which seems to imply that the domain name in the URL has not been purchased. :?:
It's not a domain sale page, it's a domain parking page, which means that the domain has been registered with 123reg.
Steve

Post by Steve »

The website works if you miss of the www.

http://waitrosevanhage.co.uk
WickenMan

Post by WickenMan »

Thanks Steve. That was a waste of time. The website is nothing more than the leaflet reproduced. I suppose you could register an opinion online but beyond that I learnt nothing new. It would have been nice to see the site plan in more detail.

Ah well! I'll just have to trip along to the presentations and buy Wickenlady an expensive cup of coffee, but she's worth it! :D
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

So where's my reasoning wrong here? They are going to increase parking spaces from 800 to 888, the spaces can all get used up now when there's something going on there. Imagine, when there's a fully operational Waitrose there and the Hertford one has closed down, will 888 spaces be enough?
Steve

Post by Steve »

Matt40 wrote:So where's my reasoning wrong here? They are going to increase parking spaces from 800 to 888, the spaces can all get used up now when there's something going on there. Imagine, when there's a fully operational Waitrose there and the Hertford one has closed down, will 888 spaces be enough?
IF the Hertford outlet closes, which I very much doubt.