Recommend me a Garage.

News and views on businesses and commerce in Ware.
Andy B

Re: Recommend me a Garage.

Post by Andy B »

Whereaami wrote:
Darrellh wrote:I would suggest Autocare, used them for both repair and MOT and don't rip you off
Thats a matter of opinion........
I think we had a discussion about your phobia with Autocare before? Your incident if I recall was several years ago and we only heard one side of the story. As I said last time it is way past the time to let it go and move on you post also adds nothing to the thread.
Before anyone else jumps on the band wagon I would be saying the same which ever business it was.
Whereaami

Post by Whereaami »

Andy B wrote:
Whereaami wrote:
Darrellh wrote:I would suggest Autocare, used them for both repair and MOT and don't rip you off
Thats a matter of opinion........
I think we had a discussion about your phobia with Autocare before? Your incident if I recall was several years ago and we only heard one side of the story. As I said last time it is way past the time to let it go and move on you post also adds nothing to the thread.
Before anyone else jumps on the band wagon I would be saying the same which ever business it was.
Thankfully there is plenty of choice of garages, I forgot we are not allowed to express negative views about Ware businesses.
QMouse

Post by QMouse »

Just to let you know I used DJ's down at Crane Mead, working on the theory they were the nearest. Very friendly and a fair price for the work. So I will be going back there again next year.

Regards

Brian
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

I agree with Qmouse,
Friendly, Family run, knowledgeable, reasonable prices.
One thing I particularly like is one of my cars only does about 1000miles p.a. & hence they suggest a reduced service price for that one.
There was a thread on old Wareonline that mentioned them as they are based in Crane Mead & were therefore under threat if development plans to build houses on the site went through.
East Herts rejected the plans so hopefully their future is safe.
Riverside

Post by Riverside »

I use Ware Autocentre and always found them to be thorough & reasonable.
I have heard good reports about the garage in Star Street near The Angel.
Mixed reports on Ware Garage. Good but pricey.....
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Put all this to the test recently. Asked for the price of a particular job on a 12 year old car - Autocare offered a reasonable price for a
full repair but DJ suggested a much cheaper solution given the age of the car. Both are good value against the main dealer price, but
DJ was more realistic in the circumstances.....
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Sadly I must withdraw my endorsement of DJ written above. Apparently the quote for the job wasn't accurate, and has effectively doubled over the weekend.

So that makes Autocare by far the better garage - they offered a higher quality repair and at a similar price to the revised DJ quote.
WickenMan

Post by WickenMan »

Scottman wrote:Sadly I must withdraw my endorsement of DJ written above. Apparently the quote for the job wasn't accurate, and has effectively doubled over the weekend.

So that makes Autocare by far the better garage - they offered a higher quality repair and at a similar price to the revised DJ quote.
Wouldn't you measure, in the first instance, the better garage by whether or not they fixed the problem?
KateG28

Post by KateG28 »

Was it that the monetary quote wasnt accurate in the first place or they found more work?
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

I was quoted a price for the job, then a new price (x2) when I went back to book it in. Same job, just a misquote for the work. That's understandable I guess, but it makes the fuller quality job quote by Autocare look better overall.

Difficult to explain without going into detail but there are three ways of doing this job : main dealer/new parts, or Autocare/new parts, or DJ/no new parts but an effective repair