Central Maltings, New Road, Ware

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
M Collins

Central Maltings, New Road, Ware

Post by M Collins »

Has anybody seen the hideous new flues that have been installed at Central Maltings, one of the few remaining Grade 2 listed Maltings buildings in Ware? The building is suddenly been used as a fully functional Car Spray business, complete with new flues omitting horrible fumes that have been installed without planning permission. Understand that the council enforcement officer has ordered the business to remove the big ugly witches hat style flue that obscures the view of the Kiln roof sail from the front and has asked the users to submit a retrospective application for the installation of the remaining three newly installed flues. The Planning Office has advised interested or affected residents to keep a diary of days when the fumes are very strong and also when the business continues to operate past 19:00, when they may then make a case if applicable, to the Environmental Health Dept, for action to downgrade the activities presently being made. Perhaps any one interested or affected will now consider keeping a diary or let the Council Enforcement Office or Environmental Health Dept know exactly what they think of the new eyesores and fumes.
FurtiveBertie

Re: Central Maltings, New Road, Ware

Post by FurtiveBertie »

craig

Post by craig »

Yes - That's the central malting being discussed.
It sounds like the planning department are on top of the flue issue so I'm sure it'll be resolved.
I expect the extraction system used by the new car repairers goes through a filtration system that meets Environmental Health guidelines so I can't imagine it would cause too many problems.
I personally think it is good that the Maltings are being used for business and industry rather than being converted into flats though planning permission has been granted should it come to that.

What's the name of the car repairs there?
JudieT

Post by JudieT »

Premier Bodyworks
I wonder if the value of the development at the 'North Maltings' may decrease in value with a bodyshop right next to their bedroom windows?
M Collins

Post by M Collins »

Well, judging from the standard of high end cars being repaired, they must be good! Understand that the houses in Northern Maltings have nearly all been sold, despite the fact that they have not yet been completely finished, so the car spraying business is obviously not affecting the sales. I just think its a shame that the roof of the Grade 2 Listed Central Maltings is being ruined.