Small Business Saturday - 7th December.

News and views on shopping in the town.
Warewolf

Small Business Saturday - 7th December.

Post by Warewolf »

Get out there and support our local shops.

Are any parking restrictions being lifted for the day, that would be a nice touch?
mb1

Re: Small Business Saturday - 7th December.

Post by mb1 »

It would be very nice, but also completely uncharacteristic of East Herts Council who show no interest in Ware, ever. Still wih Tesco parking isn't really a problem.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Of course there is a much better way of supporting local businesses and charities by coming down to Dickensian evening this Friday :) the High Street is closed to traffic and almost all of the businesses will be open for trade.
Damo5

Post by Damo5 »

Coming the day after Dickensian Night is perhaps unfortunate timing for Ware.
Hertford is making a big effort around this, but have gone for Sunday the 8th, one would suspect this is linked to parking being free on Sundays.
headbinder

Post by headbinder »

Let's all take a little time and effort to support the small local businesses. We'll all be sorry if we lose them.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Headbinder, I agree 100% with that sentiment. I think you'll find that an awful lot of us agree with that sentiment and support local businesses when we can, as shown by the tremendous turnout at events like Dickensian evening ;)
headbinder

Post by headbinder »

Dickensian evening was a fantastic night and hats off to all that helped organise this event. I have heard nothing but good comments about it.
What other events (or potential events) are there during the year and can people help?
Damo5

Post by Damo5 »

headbinder wrote:Dickensian evening was a fantastic night and hats off to all that helped organise this event. I have heard nothing but good comments about it.
What other events (or potential events) are there during the year and can people help?
Dickensian Evening is run by volunteers under the banner of Ware Town Centre Partnership, the same body runs 'Ware in Bloom' and 'Music & Motors' (in Tudor Square - planned for Saturday 16th August 2014) that I can think of.

More helpers are very welcome to assist with any of these activities, PM me if you would like to get involved in some way.