Server problems?

Contributions, adding your business or organisation to Ware Online, suggestions and general feedback about Ware Online.
John_D

Server problems?

Post by John_D »

What has gone wrong with this forum? Over the last week or so it has become almost unusable. :( It takes over a minute (if you are lucky) just to refresh/change a page view, displaying the 'waiting for Ware Online' message constantly.
Is it something as simple as the server needs re-booting? I have no problems with any other site that I connect to and assume that everyone else is suffering the same as me. :(
Ian

Re: Server problems?

Post by Ian »

John_D wrote:What has gone wrong with this forum? Over the last week or so it has become almost unusable. :( It takes over a minute (if you are lucky) just to refresh/change a page view, displaying the 'waiting for Ware Online' message constantly.
Is it something as simple as the server needs re-booting? I have no problems with any other site that I connect to and assume that everyone else is suffering the same as me. :(
I'm sure Craig can give more info, but if only it was that simple. The service has been switched to another server and the underlying disks have also been switched to no avail. Sadly the service provider can't solve the problem and have no clues as to why it's not working, they are still investigating though and have been for the last few weeks.
John_D

Post by John_D »

Cheers for the reply Ian, bit surprised that no one else has commented on the problem. Had a few moments this afternoon when performance was almost back to normal then it regressed back to the 'waiting' message. :(
Steve

Post by Steve »

This page took 7 seconds to load for me.
John_D

Post by John_D »

Steve wrote:This page took 7 seconds to load for me.
Was running really well then I made the mistake of clicking on 'Reply with quote' took just over a minute for the page to load. :(
Surfer Rosa

Post by Surfer Rosa »

Same problem here, John D but I lack the patience to wait over a minute for a page to load, I just leave.
JudieT

Post by JudieT »

I thought it was my really slow PC!
Ian

Post by Ian »

It's very variable at the moment, sometimes (like now, 22:05) it's very quick, other times (today at 1:30-11:00) it was taking a very long time to load pages.
Mel

Post by Mel »

I thought it was my computer as well. I haven't got the patience to wait either!
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Today logging in from here is fine but yesterday I gave up, as Ian has said its been playing up for awhile and the mods have been reporting it to Craig who is doing what he can. Keep the faith folks it'll come right in the end.