BBC TV & Radio signal

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
WickenMan

BBC TV & Radio signal

Post by WickenMan »

We seem to have lost BBC1, BBC2, BBC News, BBC Radio stations on Freeview. All other independent channels are OK.

Anybody else got this problem?
Barzey

Re: BBC TV & Radio signal

Post by Barzey »

It might be just a 'Retune' required, it has to be done every now and then
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Is IT trouble following you around ? :o

No problems here, other than those you know about :P
IGS

Post by IGS »

The BBC channels, ITV1 & ITV2, Channel 4 and channel 5 with a couple of others were fine where I am but some of the lesser known channels I had a problem with including ITV3 & ITV4. This is also through Freeview with an indoor aerial. I just blamed it on the fog. :(
Mel

Post by Mel »

we get them disappear quite often but they come back though. Not much help if that is the only way you've got of watching tv, sorry! We're Virgin with a freeview back up.
Barzey

Post by Barzey »

For what its worth, last night our Freeview BBC channels and a couple of others were breaking up badly too but appear fine again this morning. Don't know about earlier as we only use Freeview as a back up to Sky.
John_D

Post by John_D »

Also get break up occasionally on some Freeview channels, but like others, generally only use Freeview, on the main TV, as backup for Virgin, but go one further with Freesat, using an 'ebayed' Sky box, as backup for both ;)
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

My sons freeview was breaking up (pixelating) 2 days ago. With digital (freeview) its practically always down to a marginal aerial setup. With digital as opposed to the old analogue it is far more common for the channel to completely disappear rather than just become fuzzy as used to be the case.
A preamp can assist if its thought to be the aerial. In my sons case the preamp was down behind the TV which isnt a good idea. Putting it up in the loft as near the aerial as possible fixed the issue. A preamp is always far better as near to the aerial as possible so it amplifies the signal rather than signal plus noise down near the TV. Why problems now? Well with a marginal aerial, weather conditions such as rain/fog/high pressure can all effect the signal, it drops below a threshold and bingo, blank screen. Hope that helps
WickenMan

Post by WickenMan »

Barzey was correct. Retune did the trick. I wonder how we're supposed to know about the need to do this from time to time. :? I surmised incorrectly that Bengeo station was playing up.
Northsider

Post by Northsider »

WickenMan wrote:We seem to have lost BBC1, BBC2, BBC News, BBC Radio stations on Freeview. All other independent channels are OK.

Anybody else got this problem?
Oh dear. First the tap water's no good now the TV. Apologies, but it's all fine in my bit of the road! My aerial points to Crystal Palace, about due south, is that same as you?

Check this out - http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeview ... ssing.html - gives lots of suggestions.