Building Started at Kingshill Shops

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
mb1

Building Started at Kingshill Shops

Post by mb1 »

It looks like the long awaited house building has started at Kingshill shops. I was up there today and there was work going on. Perhaps we'll get a proper surfacing job done on the car park!
Andy B

Re: Building Started at Kingshill Shops

Post by Andy B »

Its still not improved then?
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Andy B there are holes in the car park that reach down almost as far as you. Every once in a while they throw some porridge in them, but never a hint of a resurfacing that will last more than a week.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Was up there today and on day 2 the workmen cut through the phone lines by accident, so the shops had no phones!
mb1

Post by mb1 »

That's not good is it! Wonder what comes next.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Thanks MB1 it seems little has changed.
Ian

Post by Ian »

I see the houses have gone up very quickly. I think they look dreadful as expected and have ruined the feel of the area, it's a great disappointment and a shame it was ever agreed by the council planners.
Aardvaark

Post by Aardvaark »

Someone told me that the owners were given planning approval finally because they promised to redo the car park properly. However I understand that they have also intimated that they will now be introducing parking charges here. I know this has been mentioned previously but I wonder if anyone on the Forum has more definite information?
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

Aardvaark wrote: However I understand that they have also intimated that they will now be introducing parking charges here. I know this has been mentioned previously but I wonder if anyone on the Forum has more definite information?
It's their property, no reason why they should let people park for free, it's not as if the people parking there contribute to the cost of upkeep.
Ian

Post by Ian »

The Masked Woler wrote:It's their property, no reason why they should let people park for free, it's not as if the people parking there contribute to the cost of upkeep.
Except that they will be getting rent from the local shops and part of that rent will cover the car parking provided.