Gilpin Closing

Contributions, adding your business or organisation to Ware Online, suggestions and general feedback about Ware Online.
kevin phillips bong

Re: Gilpin Closing

Post by kevin phillips bong »

Won't be long before we can declare Ware a MuckMullen free zone - how good does that sound.

While expanding elseware and spending money on other pubs (Sun Hoddesdon a good example) they are not at all interested in 'our small pubs' which mainly are wet let.
Simes

Post by Simes »

Which is better... a MuckyMullen pub or a closed down pub? (There's only one way to sort this one out...)

Even if the rumours are true, we won't escape just yet:

New Rose & Crown
Cannon Tavern (assuming it is sold as going concern)
Saracen's Head
Victoria
Spread Eagle
treacleminer

Post by treacleminer »

Not wishing to be picky ( but I'm going to anyway ) but unless I'm mistaken the "New Rose and Crown" is nowadays the "Worpell" a Greene King house. The Mucky pub is just the "Rose and Crown" :D
TrapstyleResident

Post by TrapstyleResident »

Martin

Post by Martin »

I hope they plan for plenty of car parking spaces for all the flats that will be going up there.
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

Martin wrote:I hope they plan for plenty of car parking spaces for all the flats that will be going up there.
Won't be needed, it's near the station and so people won't have cars.

Odd decision given the hotel opening right opposite.
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

Why's the canon's tavern up for sale? I thought the current landlords have only been there a year or so after the previous landlord passed away.
Moulder

Post by Moulder »

Sad news - I remember the old Johny Gilpin on the opposite corner of Gilpin Road and used to buy lemonade at the 'off sales' at the back door. I also remember the building and opening of the new John Gilpin - fond memories of some of the characters who are no longer with us.
Bikerbiker

Post by Bikerbiker »

With the building of the Premier Inn opposite along with the the accompanying Beefeater, Macs obviously thought better of this. Also they mention the new development of a pub/restaurant/family golf centre at Chadwell Springs I think this has been on the cards for a while.
naga

Post by naga »

To be honest I am quite surprised that is has stayed open this long...we often walk past it on our way to town and it always looks pretty empty (even on a Friday or Saturday night).