The Sea Tree - now open & recruiting

Jobs offered and wanted in and around Ware.
IGS

Re: The Sea Tree - now open & recruiting

Post by IGS »

Where's Cambridge? ;)
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

craig wrote:
New Boy wrote:
The Masked Woler wrote:I (and several other I have spoken to) are intrigued - why choose Ware for your second place (or should that be plaice), I'm surprised someone from Cambridge has even heard of Ware.
Why be so negative all the time?[/quote..........
I expect it is because Ware is an expanding and upcoming cultural market town which can only improve with the addition of restaurants like The Sea Tree.
Very possibly, The Sea Tree is a successful business so it would be of interest to see what encourages them to pick a location, the council (who couldn't organise a (insert here) are always telling us how they are going to revitalise the High St, here we can ask someone who knows.
Simes

Post by Simes »

Didn't the owners of the Vine/Vine Shop also have/had a pub in Cambridge?
Maybe there is a hidden link between these two great places ;-)
There is...it's called the A10 :lol:
New Boy

Post by New Boy »

We ate (in) there tonight. Cod & Chips twice, scampi and chips; and mussels. Absolutely superb and well worth the money.

Excellent addition to the High St.
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Yes, we used them last weekend - very good - lovely light batter, the mushy peas were excellent, and the garlic tiger prawns were apparently delicious.
The Masked Woler

Disappointing that, given all the time (and money) put into improving the Quaker Burial Ground, The Sea Tree have messed it up.

Ironic given that recently Dominoes, out of respect for those buried there, immediately agreed to remove their Pizza adverts from the railings when the existence of the cemetery was drawn to their attention.
craig

Post by craig »

The Masked Woler wrote:...The Sea Tree have messed it up.
It makes no difference if it's a piece of open ground or a quaker cemetery, it shouldn't be messed up at all.
In what way have they messed it up?
The Masked Woler

craig wrote:
The Masked Woler wrote:...The Sea Tree have messed it up.
It makes no difference if it's a piece of open ground or a quaker cemetery, it shouldn't be messed up at all.
In what way have they messed it up?
It appears they have been taking deliveries to the back entrance they have cut in the wall of the QBG (for which I cannot see they got permission in the planning consent) and so the grass is now muddy and rutted, presumably some sort of trolley or barrow.