Auction House

Contributions, adding your business or organisation to Ware Online, suggestions and general feedback about Ware Online.
craig

Auction House

Post by craig »

Are there still auction houses running in Ware?
They used to run at the Rugby Club but not sure if they still run.
Are there any other ones running locally?
Mel

Re: Auction House

Post by Mel »

I think Sworders run in Bishops Stortford?
Northsider

Post by Northsider »

Craig, I had a browse around this one last May, bits and pieces of collectables and other stuff. Had a reasonable turnout but nothing took my interest so didn't stay for the auction itself. Next is due November.

Amwell Auctions
Hertford Heath Village Hall
Hertford Heath
SG13 7RH
01920 871 383 - Please mention hertfordshire.com when phoning
AMWELL AUCTIONS 2014 DATES:
Nov 24th
Viewing from 5.00pm on sale day. Sale starts 6.30pm.
Entries invited for the above dates (please telephone for details on how to enter lots).
Items to be offered for auction to include the following; SMALL FURNITURE, COLLECTABLES, BRIC-A-BRAC, ANTIQUES, JEWELLERY, AND MUCH MORE!
Telephone: 01920 871 383
Mobile: 077654 46 976
JCB

Post by JCB »

There is also an auction bi-weekly at Sawbridgewoth - Acorn Auctions, although this is not one we personally go to much. One started up in Saffron Walden a while back as well, but I don't know if that is still going. The antique centre it is held at changed hands and went downhill so stopped going over that way.
craig

Post by craig »

Excellent. Thanks JCB, Mel and Northsider for the information. Much appreciated.
John_D

Post by John_D »

I miss the weekly auctions that used be held at the cattle market in Caxton Hill :(
Warewolf

Post by Warewolf »

JCB wrote:There is also an auction bi-weekly at Sawbridgewoth - Acorn Auctions, although this is not one we personally go to much. One started up in Saffron Walden a while back as well, but I don't know if that is still going. The antique centre it is held at changed hands and went downhill so stopped going over that way.
I had to read that again I thought it said Acorn Antiques! :lol: