Private care - in homes

A forum for advice about local trades, regulations and services in Ware.
Scottman

Private care - in homes

Post by Scottman »

We are getting to the point of needing to source private homecare for the Scottparents.

Any advice/experience on private individuals or providers working in Ware and surrounding villages towards Stevenage? And on private care homes in the area?
mb1

Re: Private care - in homes

Post by mb1 »

My Grandma was in Hillview in Collett Road for 8 years and my parents were very happy with her care. as a caveat this was around 20 years ago, however at a qucik lance at the summary the CQC thinks they do a good job. http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-120671446#accordion-1
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Mum has been in Beane River in Hertford for nearly 10years and both I and my sister are pleased with the care that she receives there.
It is part of the Quantum Care Group and they have several homes in the area. Before that she went to daycare at Belmont View in Haileybury which is part of the same group.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Thanks all. Sadly the Scottmum passed away on 30 December, so the immediate need is gone, but this is helpful. We visited Hillview and Belmont (Quantum Care) plus know Highfield and the one in Stanstead Abbotts, so we are better prepared for when the question comes up again.
Hazel

Post by Hazel »

Sorry to read that Scottman - what a rubbish end to the year for you and your family. Thinking of you.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Hazel wrote:Sorry to read that Scottman - what a rubbish end to the year for you and your family. Thinking of you.
Thank you Hazel - appreciated. Not a great end to year but peace for her.