Hertford RFC v Chichester RFC result

Discussion on local sporting activities, fixtures and clubs
Andy B

Hertford RFC v Chichester RFC result

Post by Andy B »

The first of the remaining two home games of the season Hertford welcome Chichester to Hoe Lane.
Chichester are seventh in the league compared to Hertford's fifth but they both have sixty one points, the away leg was won by Hertford back in mid November so lets hope that Hertford have re-applied themselves to their winning ways for the run in to the end of the season.

Kick off 3 pm.
Andy B

Re: Hertford RFC v Chichester RFC result

Post by Andy B »

Going by the away game this was always going to be a competitive match and Chichester were the first to put points on the board with an early penalty but by halftime Hertford had two try's and converted one to lead 12 - 3. The name of the game is to play till the final whistle and Hertford came out for the second half and put some impressive points on the board with a penalty, converted try and an unconverted try to show 27 - 3 but the final whistle was still away off and Chichester came back with two converted try's and an unconverted try where Hertford's scored just a penalty in this period and when the final whistle did arrive it was 30 - 24 to Hertford and a good win. Both sides pick up a bonus point and Hertford climb to fifth and Chichester to sixth, forth place is five points away and seventh place is five points away, there are some good points to be had before the end of the season but those same points are there to be lost too so Hertford need to be sharp and disciplined and not let the points opportunities slip by.
A very good win today against a good side well done chaps.
Alec

Post by Alec »

Well, that didn't last long, then, did it?
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Alec wrote:Well, that didn't last long, then, did it?
I didn't believe it made any difference and the main factor is how active the forum is and I cannot do anything about that, I did it as a trial and prefer this option.
malcmac

Post by malcmac »

Alec wrote:Well, that didn't last long, then, did it?
Don't knock it Alec...I had some drunk teenagers talking loudly outside my driveway at 2 am and once I got rid of them I could not get back to sleep.....then I remembered these updates.....30 seconds reading....job done!!!
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Surely Malcmac you realise that by posting you negative comment and coursing me to point this out you keep the thread at the top of the list and rather than let it work its way off the bottom it seems you are defeating your own argument. Please reply as it gives Hertford RFC a higher profile.
malcmac

Post by malcmac »

Well if you won't stop this self-indulgent regurgitation of a dreadfully boring local sports match then I feel it's my duty to at least help make them more interesting.