Tree outside the priory

Contributions, adding your business or organisation to Ware Online, suggestions and general feedback about Ware Online.
Alec

Tree outside the priory

Post by Alec »

I notice a bare stump where a tree's been removed between the public loos and Priory Street - can't believe I never noticed that going!

From the stump, it looks like it was quite a big tree - can anyone remember what it was? It's certainly exposed the flower bed around it - quite pretty really...
Scouter

Re: Tree outside the priory

Post by Scouter »

If it's the one that is (or maybe was) in the middle of that lawn it was a Horse Chestnut.
Cod

Post by Cod »

Yes, I noticed it too today. As far as I can remember it was a cherry tree which had been there for years.
John_D

Post by John_D »

Cod wrote:Yes, I noticed it too today. As far as I can remember it was a cherry tree which had been there for years.
Looks like you were right there..........
jasmine98

Post by jasmine98 »

Maybe the U3A Active Gardeners who look after the Sensuary Garden can tell us something.
Alec

Post by Alec »

The combined resources of WOL and Streetview come up trumps again!

We'd wondered if it was a horse chestnut, but a cherry tree fits with my vague memories of being quite pretty. Stunning, in fact, based on that photo.

Hope there was a good reason for removing it, as it looked so pretty in blossom. Hope it was disease, and not just a tidy up.