New Manager at Waterside Inn

Contributions, adding your business or organisation to Ware Online, suggestions and general feedback about Ware Online.
WarePerson

New Manager at Waterside Inn

Post by WarePerson »

A New Manager has started on Monday at the Waterside Inn. Mark has spent a lot of time in and around Ware, so understands the area and most importantly, his customers. Pop in and give it a go. He will welcome any feedback and ideas. They are also recruiting.

Yes, i know him personally, and No, i am not on the payroll!
JCB

Re: New Manager at Waterside Inn

Post by JCB »

I must admit I have been pleasantly surprised by the Waterside and have popped in a few times. I will certainly call in and see what the new manager is doing with the place. He has some great hard working staff there so has a good base to build on. I wish him all the best!
Alec

Post by Alec »

I have to come out and say that I find it a great place.

We started going there in the previous Chav guise, and enjoyed the fact that it was cheap, quiet on a midweek evening, and had some reasonable beers. Once made the mistake of going at the end of the week, when it was rammed - not so good!

The Waterside revamp has increased prices a bit, but it's still good value, and definitely made it a nicer place to be. Much busier in the week, which must be better for them, yet still doesn't feel rammed and noise. Still some decent beers.

Used to like The Vine, on a "good but pricey" basis. But The Waterside offers similar quality at much lower prices, and is nowhere near as rammed.
Damo5

Post by Damo5 »

Like others I too have been pleasantly surprised by the Waterside Inn. We have been there a few times for lunch as a family, complete with dog (so sat outside) prices reasonable, food of good quality (for a pub) and decent service even when we were the only people sitting outside.
Can't speak for evenings but certainly recommend for lunch.
IGS

Post by IGS »

Popped in there tonight with a group of people and they shut down the bar at 10.30pm without warning. (Told us last orders was 10.50pm) We will not be going there again and when I'm asked by users of the Drill Hall for a recommendation for somewhere to go I will deliberately give that place “AVOID AT ALL COSTS”
VicarageRoader

Post by VicarageRoader »

IGS wrote:Popped in there tonight with a group of people and they shut down the bar at 10.30pm without warning. (Told us last orders was 10.50pm) We will not be going there again and when I'm asked by users of the Drill Hall for a recommendation for somewhere to go I will deliberately give that place “AVOID AT ALL COSTS”
That's dreadful in all fairness.
Lets Talk

Post by Lets Talk »

Looking after customers go out the window these days , a sign they have got complacent , maybe with the Saracens about to re-open they might have some competition again and will have to up their game !
But when it’s a chain do they care as long as people keep going in
craig

Post by craig »

IGS wrote:Popped in there tonight with a group of people and they shut down the bar at 10.30pm without warning. (Told us last orders was 10.50pm) We will not be going there again and when I'm asked by users of the Drill Hall for a recommendation for somewhere to go I will deliberately give that place “AVOID AT ALL COSTS”
Seems a touch harsh IGS.
Did you enquire why they had to close early? Businesses don't usually turn away custom on a whim - there is usually a good reason.

So the Drill Hall will no longer recommend The Waterside Inn. Is that the official line is it?
Perhaps the Waterside Inn won't send people to the Drill hall when asked and give equally unhelpful advice.
WarePerson

Post by WarePerson »

I have mentioned this to them, and they have not shut "early" any day within the last 3 weeks. Maybe just a miss-understanding? or a staff training issue? Either way, would it not be better to talk to the manager rather than telling all your customer to avoid? Surly it would be better for business if 2 large companies at the same end of town could work together rather than fall out over a small issue?
Alec

Post by Alec »

We went in at 22:40 on Tue and they'd stopped serving. We half expected it, as I had heard that 22:30 was the Mon-Thu closing time. Disappointing, but I'll be back as I still like the place. Happy to recommend...