New Manager at Waterside Inn

Contributions, adding your business or organisation to Ware Online, suggestions and general feedback about Ware Online.
malcmac

Re: New Manager at Waterside Inn

Post by malcmac »

IGS wrote:
@lordcoryofware wrote:
IGS wrote:Popped in there tonight with a group of people and they shut down the bar at 10.30pm without warning. (Told us last orders was 10.50pm) We will not be going there again and when I'm asked by users of the Drill Hall for a recommendation for somewhere to go I will deliberately give that place “AVOID AT ALL COSTS”

Since the email from the new manager I'm quite happy to recommend the place again.
PHEW!!!!

Thank goodness for your volte-face in such a short space of time!! the place almost went under!!
@lordcoryofware

Post by @lordcoryofware »

IGS wrote:
@lordcoryofware wrote:Standard closing time for a Sunday is 10:30pm usually. However on their website they state it is 11pm which is later than any of the other pubs in Ware [to my knowledge].
Old Bull's Head opens until 11pm on Sunday and I'm sure there are others.

There is. a policy in place in the Drill Hall that if anyone tries to get into the place whilst kid groups are using the venue (and you are not a parent or guardian) then the police will be called. (Open to interpretation).
My interpretation is that you are potentially being very inappropriate [and off topic].
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Just had a coupke if decent pints in there at a reasonable price with friendky staff. What's not to like?
Alec

Post by Alec »

In there tonight an they had Hog's Back TEA - for me there is no finer - yum!

And, tonight, definitely serving up to 11pm...
@lordcoryofware

Did they have the glass to go with it too?!
Attachments
Hogs back glass
Hogs back glass
image.jpg (26.56 KiB) Viewed 11445 times
Ware iLive

Post by Ware iLive »

This Pub (The Water Side Inn) was great to start with! out with the sports and gaming machines out with the crap DJ and alternative loud music! dirty broken toilets, and the shabby dressed.
at first it was going to be waitress service, serving drinks to your table as well as food. This seemed to last about a week.... slowly this pub has gone back to poor service and lack of care. The food was never great anyway... but I was really hoping in time this would improve. Sadly its way too expensive for what you get.

I had breakfast in there some weeks ago and waited way too long! there were only a hand full of customers. :? :(
Alec

Post by Alec »

Went in last night. Still serving at the bar until 11:00pm I'm happy to say.

Better still, they had Hog's Back TEA on tap - yum!
@lordcoryofware

Alec wrote:Went in last night. Still serving at the bar until 11:00pm I'm happy to say.

Better still, they had Hog's Back TEA on tap - yum!
Sounds like you may of enjoyed a few Alec! You told us this last night as well, good work. Have you tried their cider?