New 60min parking bays

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
Alec

New 60min parking bays

Post by Alec »

Anyone else been noticing the various new 60 minute street parking bays popping up around Ware (and Hertford) over the last week or so?

Priory Street (outside the Priory), by the station, Bowling Road south end - any more that I've not noticed?

They all seem to be helpful in that they're in widish areas of road where the existing yellow lines weren't necessarily the most appropriate use of the road. The only exception perhaps being by the station where the road is narrow, but the yellow lines never stopped waiting previously anyway. And some of the worst congestion I've seen there has been in the evening after the restrictions have been lifted.
John_D

Re: New 60min parking bays

Post by John_D »

I think the ones by the station will cause problems for cars picking up people from the trains as the places that were used for 5/10 mins at a time will now be taken by cars parked there and left . :roll:
Ian

Post by Ian »

I've not seen them but this sounds like an excellent idea to me. Parking is one thing that EHDC have done well over the last year by giving us 30 minutes extra parking and now this. It's noticeable that the car parks have more cars than before and hopefully this has been converted into more business for the shops.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Alec wrote:Anyone else been noticing the various new 60 minute street parking bays popping up around Ware (and Hertford) over the last week or so?
Are they really 60 minute?

East Herts have announced new parking bays in Hertfotrd, Ware and Bishop's Stortford recently but they're 30 minute ones.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Haven't noticed these will have to have a look. All the previous free parking bays are 30 minutes max though.
Alec

Post by Alec »

Steve wrote:Are they really 60 minute?
The ones by the Priory are, I haven't seen behind the wrappings over the signs for the other ones.
John_D

Post by John_D »

Alec wrote:
Steve wrote:Are they really 60 minute?
The ones by the Priory are, I haven't seen behind the wrappings over the signs for the other ones.
The ones in the priory are only un-wrapped because, a couple of days ago, a bloke in a BMW drove up, parked (leaving the doors open) while he reached up and ripped the wrapping off of the sign (it is quite high and he had a job reaching it). Obviously satisfied with the time limit uncovered he shut the car up and walked off. ;)