Abusive Trolling

Contributions, adding your business or organisation to Ware Online, suggestions and general feedback about Ware Online.
IGS

Abusive Trolling

Post by IGS »

I have to reply to some horrible, nasty, unfounded, and, potentially, libellous attacks on me (and a few others) from a certain poster on WOL.

I love reasoned and considered debate and have done so throughout my life and will always listen to other people's point of view, I will not always agree with them or visa versa. However there is ONE really obnoxious person who posts stuff on this site who becomes vitriolic in his response to some things I (and others) have posted because he doesn't agree with them.

I will always think that you shouldn't take rumours as fact (it might be more interesting) and will try to consider the motives of why some things, and the reasoning behind them, are being said. There are quite a few people who I know who are politically opposed to what I say and, as far as I am concerned, that is fine. There are others who I will generally agree with but not always. The minutai of an argument can be contentious but it is ALWAYS argued in an adult manner.

I have been a member of this forum for quite a few years now and have found it to be educative, informative and entertaing and I hope that most of my posts have contributed to this. Most of the debates on here are well informed and it is also a great place to go for help if you need to find someone to fix your roof, sort out your gas or electric or if you need a dog walker or lots of other things.

I do enjoy reading posts that are opposed to my point of view (after all a forum should not be an agreement society) and will try to reply with dignity and be informative where I can and give a reasoned reply. I hate racism and other prejudices even when they haven't been said but have merely been implied.

According to one poster on here this makes me a “moron” or a “numskull” or a “numpty” or just some “left wing politically correct” idiot or other such superlatives. I have tried to ignore and not reply to such malicious tripe in the hope that it would stop but it hasn't been easy and felt that I had to say something. You did post earlier in the year that you did post in the hope of winding others up; how sad.

I don't know you and you don't know me but I do feel that I have to make a public comment in the hope that you will stop trolling. I also don't know if you were the school bully or the victim of one and therefore have to try for your imaginary superiority because, believe me, it is only imaginary. That should be irrelevant to your life now but if it isn't then perhaps you should seek professional help (I'm sure the WOL community will help).

I hope you can look into yourself and think deeply about what you are doing and change your attitude when posting on WOL.

IGS
REG

Re: Abusive Trolling

Post by REG »

Wow IGS what a forum starter!
Firstly I have been a member for probally a decade and I agree with your view overall. It is not an agreement society and I for one on the odd occassion have felt victimised and bullied but have found that someone has stepped in and chastised accordingly. However, this is clearly not the case with you - perhaps you should give some of the worse offensive replying as examples here, and request an overview? I wish you a good result from your honesty and equilibrium ethos. Warmest regards.
malcmac

Post by malcmac »

Classic case of reverse trolling.

Definition here http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... e+Trolling
Scouter

Post by Scouter »

malcmac wrote:Classic case of reverse trolling.

Definition here http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... e+Trolling
The first line of that definition is When someone of little or no intelligence on the internet gets into a discussion, debate, or argument that they cannot keep up with because of their inability to think and process information outside of their closed little mind...Hmmm.
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Spot on IGS.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Conversations online should follow the same rules as you would use in person, face to face.
Some people seem to forget that.
I know who's posts I will read and who's I skip over. Just like real life I don't need to have a conversation with everyone.