Latest lunacy affecting Trapstyle Road residents

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
The Masked Woler

Re: Latest lunacy affecting Trapstyle Road residents

Post by The Masked Woler »

If only they would connect Trapstyle Road and The Hyde.
John_D

Post by John_D »

The Masked Woler wrote:If only they would connect Trapstyle Road and The Hyde.
You are having a laugh! Then it would become a rat run for people getting to Glaxo and Chauncy :evil:
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I agree with the Masked Woler. It would have made much more sense to connect the Hyde and Trapstyle. The traffic pressure at the extremely short but very busy times around the school run would be relieved on Park Rd. But it is important to remember that the traffic is only bad for two very short periods of the day.
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

John_D wrote:
The Masked Woler wrote:If only they would connect Trapstyle Road and The Hyde.
You are having a laugh! Then it would become a rat run for people getting to Glaxo and Chauncy :evil:
Don't understand this "rat run" nonsense - if I am going somewhere I use the best route, I have a road tax and so am entitled to use roads paid for by my taxes. People use my road all the time, can I declare it a rat run and try to stop them?
Steve

Post by Steve »

The Masked Woler wrote:Don't understand this "rat run" nonsense - if I am going somewhere I use the best route, I have a road tax and so am entitled to use roads paid for by my taxes.
There's no such thing as road tax. You might be getting confused with the tax on vehicle emissions, known as Vehicle Excise Duty. It has nothing to do with roads or how they're paid for.

Just sayin' :)
Alec

Post by Alec »

And, bringing things back on to the original topic, I understand that the closures are to be limited to the following time-slots - though there's still no indication of which few days they will apply - although the period starts tomorrow:

09:30 to 12:30 Closed
12:30 to 13:30 Open
13:30 to 16:30 Closed
16:30 to 18:00 Open
18:00 to 19:30 Closed

At least it's making efforts to remain open during busier times. With any luck, it will be closed even less than those indications, I'd hope...
John_D

Post by John_D »

The 'Road Closed' and 'Diversion' signs have been in place for about two weeks now, but to my knowledge the road hasn't been closed once. No doubt when they erect the crane that has appeared in the social club car park things will sadly change, having now wasted most of the school holiday window of opportunity, it looks like they are waiting for the kids to go back to school so as to cause the maximum disruption. :evil:
Alec

Post by Alec »

John_D wrote:The 'Road Closed' and 'Diversion' signs have been in place for about two weeks now, but to my knowledge the road hasn't been closed once. No doubt when they erect the crane that has appeared in the social club car park things will sadly change, having now wasted most of the school holiday window of opportunity, it looks like they are waiting for the kids to go back to school so as to cause the maximum disruption. :evil:
It's an odd way of doing things, isn't it? The "road closed" signs are rather crying wolf, when they're not true, and so will only serve to annoy when the road is closed.

That said, the original proposals talked of only a few days, so there's still time for this to happen before the end of the holidays.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

It's been closed on two days that i know of. They had cranes in the road in the last week of the school term, and then last week there was a day when they were lifting concrete blocks from one side of the road to another.