Firework Display

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
Ian

Re: Firework Display

Post by Ian »

Steve wrote:The draft District Plan has not yet been adopted. Even if and when it is, it will be up to a developer to submit a planning application and get approval, which for 3000 homes is a big project. The fireworks are safe for the foreseeable future.
True, but it is common knowledge at least and I'm pretty sure that's been published too as the preferred option for Ware with phase 1 (1,000 homes) to be built by 2020. Apparently there are a number of developers that are showing serious interest in this project.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ian wrote:
Steve wrote:The draft District Plan has not yet been adopted. Even if and when it is, it will be up to a developer to submit a planning application and get approval, which for 3000 homes is a big project. The fireworks are safe for the foreseeable future.
True, but it is common knowledge at least and I'm pretty sure that's been published too as the preferred option for Ware with phase 1 (1,000 homes) to be built by 2020. Apparently there are a number of developers that are showing serious interest in this project.
An unlikely timescale IMHO. It's unlikely the plan will be adopted before 2017. A further public consultation is due in 2016.

The latest study indicates any commencement will take place between 2020 and 2025 and would see no more than 150-175 new homes built per year.

http://democracy.eastherts.gov.uk/docum ... 0Study.pdf
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

Steve wrote: and would see no more than 150-175 new homes built per year.

http://democracy.eastherts.gov.uk/docum ... 0Study.pdf
I doubt people living in the area would welcome the place being a building site for twenty years or so.

What I find surprising is that those living elsewhere in the town seem to think this wont affect them so are happy for it to go ahead so long as it isn't near them.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Though I would love to join in the 'the planners have it in for Ware' diatribe, in truth a good number of East Herts towns are set to be developed. The planning system has it in for the whole South East of England, because that is where much of the job growth and job security is.

The north crescent of Bishops Stortford out to the A120 'bypass' is already planned out, and Buntingford is set to build to the north, south and west. The crescent of development proposed for Ware is only the next 'layer' out from the Trinity/Cozens/Widbury crescent of developments of the 60s and 70s.

Ware is well placed and prepared for expansion, with sufficient hairdressing, nail salons, restaurants and coffee shops :D . What is unacceptable is the sheer lack of resources going in to strengthen the social system in advance of such building, including surgeries, schools, nursery places, dental care, car parking and train capacity out of Ware Station.

And mb1 ....the reason why many don't care is that they are not building in their back yard. As you well know.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Scottman wrote: What is unacceptable is the sheer lack of resources going in to strengthen the social system in advance of such building, including surgeries, schools, nursery places, dental care, car parking and train capacity out of Ware Station.
All of this is required by the National Planning Policy Framework and has to be included in the District Plan before it is adopted.

The need for a new school is acknowledged in the document I linked to above.
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

Steve wrote:
Scottman wrote: What is unacceptable is the sheer lack of resources going in to strengthen the social system in advance of such building, including surgeries, schools, nursery places, dental care, car parking and train capacity out of Ware Station.
All of this is required by the National Planning Policy Framework and has to be included in the District Plan before it is adopted.

Not entirely, what it says is this

" it is likely that any substantial development within the North and East of Ware Broad Location would require the provision of a new school. PBA has
indicated that a minimum of 2,000 dwellings would be required to facilitate the delivery of a new school in this location"

So "likely" and only if 2000 or more houses are built, also other developments have had a requirement for medical facilities and as soon as they were built the developers applied for and were granted permission to remove that requirement - as a result I have little confidence in planning. The total lack of planning at planning is shown by the fact that the school which would be right in the centre of the new developments has just been demolished and replaced by housing.

In any case it would be far easier to just increase the size of Chauncy and Presdales.
Ian

Post by Ian »

The Masked Woler wrote:
Steve wrote:

Not entirely, what it says is this

" it is likely that any substantial development within the North and East of Ware Broad Location would require the provision of a new school. PBA has
indicated that a minimum of 2,000 dwellings would be required to facilitate the delivery of a new school in this location"

So "likely" and only if 2000 or more houses are built, also other developments have had a requirement for medical facilities and as soon as they were built the developers applied for and were granted permission to remove that requirement - as a result I have little confidence in planning. The total lack of planning at planning is shown by the fact that the school which would be right in the centre of the new developments has just been demolished and replaced by housing.

In any case it would be far easier to just increase the size of Chauncy and Presdales.
Apologies for taking this off topic :( I've added a new post to the "Draft Development Plan" topic so let's move this discussion there.

In the meantime, we're not able to go to the fireworks this year, the first time for many years. I hope the weather is good and lots of money is raised for the charities that are supported.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Great display as always.
Disappointed to find out that my advance purchase (at no lesser a price) secured me a longer wait in a queue than the pay on the gate queue that was empty...
No facility to scan at the Kingsway entrance you had to walk round to the further entrance and the queue was very long there.
Also the exit was very slow and congested. I think for many it took longer to leave then the display itself lasted!
But fireworks were great.
New Boy

Post by New Boy »

Great display. Chaotic getting in/out. Never taken that long before. Most freeloaders in the road i've ever seen as well.