Are we missing a Gazebo?

Contributions, adding your business or organisation to Ware Online, suggestions and general feedback about Ware Online.
The Masked Woler

Re: Are we missing a Gazebo?

Post by The Masked Woler »

A bit late to complain now.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Both Ware Town Council and The Ware Society objected when the planning application was up for consultation.
John_D

Post by John_D »

The Masked Woler wrote:A bit late to complain now.
Why was this not publicised earlier, to the Ware residents, and a a petition raised with coverage by the local press? :evil: With such a well known view of Ware's riverside under threat it might have even got national coverage........
craig

Post by craig »

The planning application and all related documents were published online over a year ago.
It's up to the public to monitor what our developers are proposing and what our planners are approving.

Lots of organisations were involved in the process and many raised concerns about the change of view on the riverside, but a house, set back from the river a touch, was finally approved, along with 11 other homes I think.

It's the redevelopment of the old Ware post and sorting office site in case you missed it, which we all did.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Don't we elect officials to represent our views?

Granted we should all be aware of what's being proposed but I for one never caught a sniff of this.
The Masked Woler

I see the old "why didn't someone (else) do something" is going strong.
Our representatives can only take our views into account if they know what they are - when was the last time people contacted their rep (do they even know who they are?)
As Craig has said the full details were online over a year ago, notice would have been published in the Merc and it was discussed at WTC so will be minuted.
Plus the notice would have been posted in the street.
pstretch

Post by pstretch »

"People of Earth your attention please. This is Prostectic Vogon Jeltz of the Galactic Hyperspace Planet Council. As you no doubt will be aware, the plans for the development of the outlying regions of the western spiral arm of the galaxy require the building of a hyperspace express route through your star system and, regrettably, your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition. The process will take slightly less than two of your Earth minutes thank you very much.

There’s no point in acting all surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display at your local planning department in Alpha Centauri for fifty of your Earth years so you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaints and its far too late to start making a fuss about it now.

What do you mean you’ve never been to Alpha Centauri? Oh for heaven sake mankind it’s only four light years away you know! I’m sorry but if you can’t be bothered to take an interest in local affairs that’s your own regard. Energise the demolition beams! God I don’t know…apathetic bloody planet, I’ve no sympathy at all… "

Douglas Adams, The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Masked Woler

Quite, except of course everything was easily accessible from peoples own armchairs via the wonder of teh interwebs - no need for leopard avoidance at all.