Conservation Area Consultation

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
The Masked Woler

Conservation Area Consultation

Post by The Masked Woler »

I see that EHDC are having a presentation on 8/12/15.

You can find the details of the plans here http://www.eastherts.gov.uk/index.jsp?articleid=30392

Interesting reading but you are left saying - if you think that why did you allow x - on many occasions, particularly when the points they raise have been put in opposition to planning applications and ignored - I wonder if we can quote this document in any further applications?
Wareite1969

Re: Conservation Area Consultation

Post by Wareite1969 »

Very interesting and does pose some questions about the buildings and character in line with recent planning (such as the missing building on the river next to the gazebos, can't help thinking that would have been included under this proposal)

Also interesting to note the following extract from the document

4.4. In total there are 202 listed buildings/listings in Ware, 180 of which are in the Conservation Area. Most of this 180 are Grade II but 14 are Grade II* and 3 are Grade 1. The latter Grade I buildings are St. Mary's Church, The Priory and Place House.

Followed by this from the East Herts Website

Scott's Grotto was extensively restored in 1990 and is a Grade I listed site. The summerhouse and gardens are Grade II*

Does this point to another, typically, error ridden document ?
The Masked Woler

The Grotto isn't in the Conservation Area though, I assume that's why it was left off.
Wareite1969

Post by Wareite1969 »

The Masked Woler wrote:The Grotto isn't in the Conservation Area though, I assume that's why it was left off.
That would explain it then. I hadn't read it clearly enough. Maybe I should give EHDC more credit (but it is hard on previous evidence ;) )
The Masked Woler

I appreciate that, like the District Plan, many don't bother reading these things on the basis they don't affect you but people might be advised to have a look because EHDC are suggesting that lots of areas be made subject to Article 4 which would prevent such things as satellite dishes, replacement windows and porches.
The Masked Woler

As per usual 99.999999% of the town couldn't give a toss what happens.
This was your chance to have a say - the Council will now decide if they want to suspend permitted development in the chosen areas and the residents will only find out when it is done.
KateG28

Post by KateG28 »

99.999999% of the population of 18,000 gives 17999.99982 don't give a toss which means 0.00018 of a person does.

Or over a year, one person in the whole town gives a toss for just a shade over an hour and half but really doesn't care the rest of the time...

Or you may be slightly over egging the percentages.
:D
Ian

Post by Ian »

KateG28 wrote:99.999999% of the population of 18,000 gives 17999.99982 don't give a toss which means 0.00018 of a person does.

Or over a year, one person in the whole town gives a toss for just a shade over an hour and half but really doesn't care the rest of the time...

Or you may be slightly over egging the percentages.
:D
Well, I went last night as did a maximum of 20 people I think, so 0.1% of the poplation attended. Of that less than 10 actually said anthing and I's be surprised if half of those respond to the consultation.

You can't get away from the fact that the majority of the people of this town just don't bother to make their views known.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

The majority of people seem to believe that posting on Ware Online is letting their view be known but unfortunately unless they contact the person, department or organisation they are referring to they may as well write it on a paper bag and throw it in the air.
The Masked Woler

Andy B wrote:The majority of people seem to believe that posting on Ware Online is letting their view be known
But they didn't even do that.

If you took off those from the Ware Society I think there were maybe 2.