Hertford Regional College - Ware Campus

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
jasmine98

Re: Hertford Regional College - Ware Campus

Post by jasmine98 »

Sheer greed and vandalism, and they get away with it!
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

jasmine98 wrote:Sheer greed and vandalism, and they get away with it!
Unfortunately the Conservation Area doesn't extend that far and none of the trees on the college site are subject to TPOs so they can do what they like.

So far as I can see from the plans all the trees to the front and up Scott's Road were to be removed and new ones planted.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Further to Martin's post - the scene in Scotts road last month and this week

oh the files are too big :(
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hi Scottman. Open up a photo bucket account, put the photos on there and then you will be able to transfer them to Wareonline.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Persimmon, the housing developer that has purchased the Ware College land in Scotts Road, has applied to East Herts Planning for a 'Variation' to the imposed planning permission granted last May/July.

It is asking to be allowed to build two more flats (on car parking spaces), reduce both the number of car parking spaces and their size, and also remove the 'one space per flat' plan and make it a free for all.

Ware Town Council's Planning Committee will discuss this 'variation' at its meeting tomorrow (Monday 11 January) from 7.30 at The Priory.

Reducto ad absurdum
Ware iLive

Post by Ware iLive »

:geek: I hope it looks good when its finished!
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Well its hard to imagine how it could be worse than what is there presently, but I have to say they are trying REALLY hard to make it so
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Heard a most interesting story yesterday - of the 21 houses for sale on this development so far only 8 are sold - and that after being marketed for five months. The whole top phase of the development (18 homes) are built and being swiftly (too swiftly) finished inside. A contractor told a friend that they are being finished 'very shoddily'.

Apparently the houses are proving difficult to sell because (a) they are simply too expensive (b) have insufficient space (gardens) around them (c) have insufficient parking for most intended residents and (d) are being sold leasehold not freehold. Apparently the greatest need in Ware is 3 bed homes for young families, but these properties, most of which were agreed at planning stage as 3 bed, are actually being sold (and priced) as 4 bed.

One enterprising resident is thinking to lease parking spaces on the driveways of neighbouring homes.....
VicarageRoader

Post by VicarageRoader »

Considering they appear to be putting 10 houses on the former John Gilpin site, 21 doesn't seem an awful lot considering the size of the plot there.
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

I'm surprised the lack of parking in recent builds hasn't come back to bite the developers before, but as the parking situation gets worse it must do.If I was moving to Ware now it would be one of the main considerations.

As for renting driveways, I park in someones drive for work it's much easier to get in and out compared to the multi storey (especially at this time of year) and saves me £20 a month.