New playground in Buryfields?

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
Warewolf

New playground in Buryfields?

Post by Warewolf »

Do we really need another playground only about 200 metres from the one in the Priory grounds? Is this the best use of council funds?
sexy doughnuts

Re: New playground in Buryfields?

Post by sexy doughnuts »

I tweeted Ware Town Council to ask about it, reply was; the Buryfields will be mainly aimed at toddlers, the Priory remains as normal.

Quite looking forward to taking my little one there, enjoying watching it come together as I regularly pass by.
JudieT

Post by JudieT »

Having two toddling granddaughters another play area will be most welcome - any good excuse to have children playing outside gets my vote, especially if it's toddler friendly - giving them the opportunity to learn and achieve in a safe environment, but I hope they don't take too long to commission it. The new one by Lady Margaret Gardens has been waiting for final inspection for a very long time.
Also you should bear in mind that the less roads parents and toddlers have to cross to get to a playground reduces the risk of accidents - so no I don't think we can have too many playgrounds.
Alec

Post by Alec »

An interesting development. The Buryfields always feels a little unused and unloved, compared with the Priory, which is always well used.

Hopefully this might get the Buryfields a bit better used. And more play facilities will always be well received by the users.
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

I haven't lived in Ware for over 40 years so naming conventions may have changed and become fixed but (and I apologise for going off topic) Buryfield was long ago built on by Allen & Hanbury's. The area occupied by Ware FC (before Glaxo built their car park) and the adjoining open land was called the Recreation Ground.
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

I saw this yesterday. I always thought it was quite nice to have a field with 'nothing' on it but having two young kids myself I can appreciate some of the other views.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

The Buryfields equipment looks very like the mix of equipment in the Priory. The Priory skews slightly older but there are swings and a slide in the Buryfields that are bigger than toddler equipment. It's good to see the Council livening things up for kids.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I see that the play equipment along Lady Margaret Gardens is till awaiting final inspection. This must be several months since the signs went up.
John_D

Post by John_D »

Going to be fun when the fair comes to town...... Will there now be room for it?
Whereaami

Post by Whereaami »

John_D wrote:Going to be fun when the fair comes to town...... Will there now be room for it?
After last years behaviour from some of them do we want them back ?