Does our local MP provide good VFM?

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
VicarageRoader

Does our local MP provide good VFM?

Post by VicarageRoader »

Or do his priorities lie elsewhere? Seems the MP work only brings in £393 per day, whereas the private housing company nearly three time as much? And how do any of his terminally sick or disabled constituents feel?

malcmac

Re: Does our local MP provide good VFM?

Post by malcmac »

You should stand against him. If your views are correct and you make you point well enough you will be our local MP.

It seems that WOL is becoming a forum for the left wing liberation army of Ware!!

Cue the usual crew (I would namecheck you, bit no need, you will follow this post enthusiastically and post your usual evil tory bilge)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Comes across as a bit of a witchhunt. I have always found him approachable and willing to lend his support to the community and his constituents (and I'm no Tory!")

Edited to add: I've had a look at her Twitter account and she does seem to have spent a lot of time recently digging up as much dirt on as many Tory MPs as possible. She does appear keen to make a nuisance of herself. Given the time and effort that appears to have gone in to the research on so many Tory MPs, you have to wonder if she had help/support, or even if it's a front account for some left wing activist organisation (which is the way it comes across IMHO)

https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

I asked him to support the recent commons vote on pushing the EU to remove the VAT on sanitary products.
I got a party line response and he failed to answer my questions related to it.

Not impressed.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Pat-H wrote:I asked him to support the recent commons vote on pushing the EU to remove the VAT on sanitary products.

Not impressed.
You would probably find this with MPs of any political pursuasion - that party policy and the whips trump the constituents. Just one of the downsides of political parties running the country.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Steve wrote:
Pat-H wrote:I asked him to support the recent commons vote on pushing the EU to remove the VAT on sanitary products.

Not impressed.
You would probably find this with MPs of any political pursuasion - that party policy and the whips trump the constituents. Just one of the downsides of political parties running the country.
I won't have minded so much if that was the honest response I got. It wasn't.