mains water leak at junction of Kingsway and Wadesmill Road

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Itsastitchup

mains water leak at junction of Kingsway and Wadesmill Road

Post by Itsastitchup »

There have been many reports to Affinity water regarding the mains water spilling out of a drain at the bottom of Kingsway and flowing copiously over the Wadesmill Road. With the first report dating back 2 weeks or so ago , when it first started. Affinity say they are not responsible for the leak , as it is coming from a private water pipe within the boundary of Highmill flats . Affinity have issued an order to the owners/ service company of Highmill flats , with a 28 day window to resolve the problem. They didn't tell me the date it was issued , so I don't know when the time will be up. But , Im sure Im not alone in being horrified by the waste of fresh water . We are constantly being asked to conserve water , our children are taught at school to conserve water . And is this going to affect our water bills ?? Does anyone have any more information on this subject. And/ or know how the owners of High Mill Flats can be contacted in order to find out how long they intend to let this carry on ? Thanks
Whereaami

Re: mains water leak at junction of Kingsway and Wadesmill R

Post by Whereaami »

Total waste of water You would think that Affinity would have cut the supply to that pipe until such time as the owners repaired it, They must have been out to investigate to declare its not their problem.
Mel

Post by Mel »

You're not alone, I have also complained to Affinity and been given the same answer so see how long it takes. Appalling waste of water.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

If affinity aren't bothered I assume their is a meter so all that lost water is chargable.
In which case the residents could see a big hike in service charge to cover it.
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

Cant imagine how a pipe from an Affinity Water supply is connected to what appears from driving past to be a standard rainwater drain. I rang Affinity when it first started and I got transferred to Herts Highways who looked up their records and said it was theirs. Anyway its obviously not rainwater so things must have moved on. Would make a good Mercury headline, esp. as its flowing a little faster today when I splashed through just now.
John_D

Post by John_D »

RCR1 wrote:Cant imagine how a pipe from an Affinity Water supply is connected to what appears from driving past to be a standard rainwater drain. I rang Affinity when it first started and I got transferred to Herts Highways who looked up their records and said it was theirs. Anyway its obviously not rainwater so things must have moved on. Would make a good Mercury headline, esp. as its flowing a little faster today when I splashed through just now.
As I understand it, the leak (fresh water) is within High Mill Flats, and having leaked, it is entering the drainage system........
Northsider

Post by Northsider »

I'm pleased to see there isn't any water flowing across the road - so it must have been fixed.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Northsider wrote:I'm pleased to see there isn't any water flowing across the road - so it must have been fixed.
Or they ran out of water...