New snooker club?

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
trev

New snooker club?

Post by trev »

Sadly, Pockets, the only snooker club in Ware, closed earlier this year. I heard that the premises are to be converted into flats!

However, this morning as I was walking past the tanning shop (underneath where Pockets was) there was a sign on the pavement saying "Ware Snooker Club - opening soon", or something like that. There was an arrow pointing in the direction of the entrance door to Pockets.

Does anyone know anything about a proposed new club? I really don't want to traipse over to Hertford for a few frames!
ollynbloom

Re: New snooker club?

Post by ollynbloom »

Hi.

Sorry but I know nothing about it other than the same sign.

BUT, I was wondering if I could possibly ask you where in Hertford you play and do they have pool there? I have a friend visiting and he wanted to play pool and I didn't know any actual pool places, as opposed to pubs that may have a pool table in them.
Warewolf

Post by Warewolf »

ollynbloom

Post by ollynbloom »

Thanks! I've walked past that row hundreds of times and never noticed it.
Mel

Post by Mel »

The club in Amwell End is now open, walked past yesterday.
trev

Post by trev »

I popped in there on Tuesday and had a chat to the new owner. He is already open for business and the table rates are cheaper than before. You have to join but it's free - just bring along ID the first time you go. Only soft drinks available at present but drinks licence expected next week. Also no booking system as yet but that will also be coming soon.

Sounds promising. I hope it is a success.