White Horse High Cross

News and views on businesses and commerce in Ware.
FLIPPER

White Horse High Cross

Post by FLIPPER »

Went to the White Horse at High Cross today and found it in darkness the car park closed up all the doors locked and no notices on the doors.
Any one know about it?
Simes

Re: White Horse High Cross

Post by Simes »

They might just be closed for a post-Christmas holiday. Tried to go for a drink in Thundridge on Tuesday night this week and found the Sow & Pigs and Feathers were both shut.
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Feathers is closed for refurbishment after a big water leak, apparently. Not sure re the White Horse (despite living 2 doors away from it) - as you say, no notices up.
JCB

Post by JCB »

I have heard the Feathers is shut for 3 weeks for a refurb.
Scouter

Post by Scouter »

I also noticed that the interior of the Ware Costa has been ripped out this evening too.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Passing the Costa yesterday I heard one of the workmen saying it was only being refurbished. It should be open again on the 14th he said, but it looks as if they'll have to work very hard to do that.
JCB

Post by JCB »

Telephoned last night, apparently the White Horse at High Cross is closed for good. A shame, there was a lot of potential.
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

That is a shame. I had heard that rumour last night as well.

I know they had been trying hard with events and other ways to attract customers, but I get the feeling that a lot of people end up stopping at The Sow and Pigs, Feathers or Anchor before they get out to HX.

Let's hope someone is willing to take it on and make a go of it. It would be another nail in the coffin of High Cross if it was converted to housing.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

That's a shame, I liked that place. Guess our one or two visits a summer weren't enough!
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Planning application to covert the pub into 3 houses, plus to build anotehr 4 in the car park/garden..

High Cross is supposed to be a "category 1 village" - i.e. on a par with Watton, Standon etc. How we can be that with no pub I really do not know.